The easiest and quickest sliders to whip up – these BBQ Chicken Pull Apart Sliders are the perfect food to feed a crowd. Feeding a crowd can be daunting, but make things easy and stress-free with this simple recipe – ready to go in under 30 minutes, guaranteed your friends and family are going to love them!
Mmmmm can we talk about how good sliders are for a moment? Seriously – bite-sized burgers, I’m not sure you can go wrong!
Burgers are up there with my favorite foods, especially with fries, or even better, sweet potato fries. What’s not to love? I often go for the traditional style burger when I order them out, but sometimes I just cannot go past a classic barbeque chicken burger, with pineapple and a LOT of cheese!
What I love even better, are bite-size burgers. Why? Because you can eat more of course! But seriously, there is nothing more satisfying than whipping up your own homemade burgers or sliders, and these BBQ chicken pull apart sliders are nothing short of easy!
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pull Apart Sliders
To make these easy barbecue chicken sliders, you’ll need some cooked chicken, some good quality barbecue sauce (I love sweet baby rays!) and of course, some Monterey jack cheese, because let’s face it, everyone loves a cheesy pull apart slider! You can easily buy a rotisserie chicken, or if you’ve got time – you can roast your own whole chicken or chicken breasts then simply shred when cooked and cooled. If you do decide to roast your own chicken, be prepared to add an extra hour to hour and a half for cooking time!
These barbecue chicken sliders are quick to pull together in under 30 minutes including preparation and cooking time. They are extremely simple to make, but of course, don’t skimp out on flavor! With just a few extra secret ingredients to take them to the next level, these BBQ chicken pull apart sliders will wow your friends and family at your next get together!
Speaking of your next party? Need some more ideas on what to feed a crowd?
- Every party needs a great dip! This Chorizo Cheese Dip with Spinach would be perfect!
- Get your party going with a bang with these Bang Bang Cauliflower Bites. Great for your vegetarian friends too!
- You also can’t go wrong with these Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- These pulled pork loaded nachos are another crowd pleaser!
- These Thai Chicken sausage rolls are bite-sized perfection! And can be made ahead of time!
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
BBQ Chicken Pull Apart Sliders
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple diced, optional
- 5 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 12 Hawaiian rolls or dinner rolls
- Carefully slice Hawaiian rolls in half lengthways, and place the bottom half of the rolls in an oven-proof roasting pan (approximately 11.5" long x9" wide or thereabouts).
- Mix together shredded chicken and bbq sauce.
- Spread the chicken over the rolls.
- Top with onion, pineapple, cheese slices, and 1 of the 2 tbsp of parsley.
- Place remaining half of the rolls on top of the chicken.
- Mix together melted butter, remaining tablespoon of parsley and garlic and use a brush to brush the butter over the tops of the rolls.
- Place in oven, and bake 20 minutes until golden, crispy and warmed through.