National Piña Colada Day is on July 10th and in celebration of this wonderful drink, Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing 40+ Best Coconut Recipes! We use coconut in sweet as well as savory recipes and it also comes in many forms. Coconut milk is used in savory main dish recipes such as curries and coconut cream in beverages. Coconut oil for baking or cooking has become very popular, not to mention it is very tasty!
The very first “official” vacation that Grumpy and I went on was a Caribbean cruise to Mexico and the Bahamas. Our love affair with the Piña Colada began on that cruise! While we aren’t big fans of sweeter drinks, one sip had us hooked. Our afternoon ritual that week became one of going up to the deck to lie in the sun and enjoy an icy cold Piña Colada. When I want to bring that relaxing feeling back into our life, I will attempt to recreate this memory with a Piña Colada Breakfast Smoothie (sans alcohol) or a Piña Colada Freeze!
The Sunday Supper tastemakers will explore the versatility of coconut this Sunday as we share a variety of coconut recipes with you. From beverages to main dishes and desserts, we will have plenty of coconutty deliciousness for you to try! With recipes like Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie from Desserts Required and Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Piña Colada Slaw from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, your tastebuds will be delighted! I love the sound of Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae from Pies and Plots as a sweet ending! Be sure to check out the lineup below for many more delicious coconut recipes offered up this week.
- Coconut Granola Bowla by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
40+ Best Coconut Recipes – PIN IT!