The holidays are the perfect time of year for slacking on your diet. But with so many sweet treats around, it’s hard to know what to make first. We suggest you start with this list! The #SundaySupper tastemakers are sharing their best holiday dessert recipes with us this week!
Is it just me or is the highlight of a holiday party the desserts? There are so many amazing options: cookies, cakes, pies, candies, chocolates, pastries, puddings. Each dessert just as amazing as the last. In my house growing up, cannolis were always dessert on Christmas day. It didn’t occur to me that other people had different dessert traditions. Now I love hearing what other families have for dessert at their holiday gatherings.
Tips For Hosting a Holiday Party:
- Ask all your guests if they have any allergies or special diets, and try to accommodate their needs.
- Plan out what you can buy in advance. Stock up on all those dry goods. That way the week of your party the shopping trip can be less stressful.
- Make sure you have lots of ice. People often go through more ice than you would think.
- Thaw your turkey or protein prior to the day of cooking. Nothing spoils a party faster than raw poultry.
- Clean your house in stages. That way you don’t have to tackle everything at once.
- Prep some recipes the night before, marinades are always stronger overnight and many doughs and pastries can be made the day before, as well.
- Try to do most of the cooking before your guests arrive. That way everything is in the oven so you can relax and enjoy yourself as well.
- Most importantly, make sure all your guests save room for dessert!
You won’t you to miss all these tasty dessert recipes this week. Join us Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 7pm EST for our sweet Twitter chat and check out all the #SundaySupper tastemakers best holiday dessert recipes.
Best Holiday Dessert Recipes
Bars and Cookies
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Shortbread Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- The Best Pecan Pie Bars by Life Tastes Good
- Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Clementine Cake with Cranberry Glaze by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pecan Cake with Coconut Rum Frosting by The Chef Next Door
- Coconut Syrup Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Japanese Sugar Plum Fairy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Moms Texas Sheet Cake by My Life Cookbook
- Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Rave Review Coconut Cake by Family Around The Table
- Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiked Chocolate Eggnog Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Raspberry Cheesecake by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Patch Cocktail by Wholistic Woman
- Black Bottom Oatmeal Pie by This is How I Cook
- Butterscotch Pecan Pie by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Perfect Plum Pie from Art of the Pie #Giveaway by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pumpkin Spice Mochi by Cricket’s Confections
- Purple Yam-Ube Blueberry Tart by Asian in America
- Swedish Apple Pie Cups with Date Caramel Sauce by Simple and Savory
Puddings and Creams
- Arroz Con Leche with Coconut and Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Cranberry Apple Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Rauhreif – German Apple Dessert by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.