Baked, grilled, stir-fried, sautéed, poached, or steamed — seafood is a versatile ingredient and a staple in cultures all over the world. This week, our tastemakers are here to share their best seafood recipes, featuring everything from crab cakes, shrimp, and salmon to fish tacos and fish and chips! These Sunday Supper recipes are sure to make you want to cook your own delicious seafood at home!
No matter how you choose to serve it, seafood is almost always quick and easy to prepare. Of course, different methods of cooking suit different types of seafood better than others. If you’re cooking on the grill, for example, you might want to consider using a meaty, firm fish that will hold up to being handled over a grate, and if you want to make a poached dish, salmon, scallops and shrimp usually work best. Thankfully, there are cooking tools you can use to make your life easier when making your best seafood recipes, and add to the versatility of what you can make!
For example, you can cook flakier, skinless fish and small shellfish on the grill by using grill baskets. Grill baskets come in different varieties, and best of all can be used not only for your seafood, but for vegetables too – you could grill them all together for a delicious mix, and even throw in some beef for a surf & turf!
There are plenty of tools available to you for cooking your best seafood recipes. The next time you make your own Sunday Supper recipes at home, here are some different ones to consider using!
Tools for Cooking Seafood
- Foil: Foil is often used for baking fish whole to seal in flavor and moisture for perfectly flaky fillets. You can pack it with any seasonings or veggies you want, and the fish will absorb their flavor! Foil isn’t limited to baking, either; you can prepare fish in foil on the grill, too, like our Mexican Grilled Seafood Foil Packets!
- Fish Spatulas: Fish spatulas are exactly what you might think they are. They’re spatulas made with fish in mind, for flipping delicate fillets that might otherwise fall apart.
- Fish Poachers: Fish poachers are used for, of course, poaching fish! They preserve moisture and evenly cook the fish. You can poach fish on the stove or even in the oven.
If you’re buying whole fish, you might also want to consider picking up a knife suited for filleting them yourself, and pin bone tweezers for smaller fish.
Hungry for more? Check out our 20 Easy and Elegant Seafood Appetizers, and join us on Sunday, April 9th, when we’ll be talking all about seafood during our 7PM Twitter chat! Here’s a heads up: fish always know their own weight because they have their own scales!
25+ Best Sunday Supper Seafood Recipes
- Chili-Lime Scallops by Girl Abroad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp by Simple and Savory
- Coconut Mahi Kale Salad with Citrus Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Crab Cake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Salmon Sliders by Sunday Supper Movement
- Grilled Baby Octopus by Food Lust People Love
- Manhattan Clam Chowder by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mediterranean Shrimp Bruschetta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Salmon Tartare by Caroline’s Cooking
- Smoked Salmon, Orange and Avocado Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Ten Minute Sweet and Spicy Shrimp by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Cioppino by Monica’s Table
- Easy Tilapia Pomodoro Dinner by My Life Cookbook
- Frutti Di Mare by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemony Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packets by Our Good Life
- New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp by Flour On My Face
- No Fail Beer Battered Fish by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- One Pan Mustard Crusted Halibut and Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Pecan Crusted Cod by From the Bookshelf
- Salmon Honey-Lemon Teriyaki by Asian In America
- Saucy Cod Fillets Florentine by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Scallops with Orange Butter Sauce by My savory spoon
- Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo by The Freshman Cook
- Seafood Laksa by Brunch-n-Bites
- Sheet Pan Salmon by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Shrimp Salad Sandwich by Soulfully Made
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta by Crazed Mom
- Soft Shell Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet and Sour Salmon by Cricket’s Confections
- Teriyaki Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa by Wholistic Woman
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.