Why go out to eat when you can make a Bistro Style Steak and Onion Sandwich at home? Blue cheese and balsamic vinegar take these sandwiches up a notch on the gourmet scale.
- 4 hoagie-style buns
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, softened (or use spreadable butter), divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 to 3 boneless New York strip steaks, cut ¾ inch thick (about 1.25 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are those of the individual bloggers.