I don’t know about you, but I love a glass of Fruity Sangria with a great meal anytime, especially during the summer.
To me, a good meal is about the experience! Is it the food or is it the time around the family table that makes a meal so special? It’s a combination of both that make our family meals so memorable.
During our Wish Farms tour, I was reminded of the importance of family, especially seeing firsthand the care and research that goes into growing the perfect blueberry.
Wish Farms is a family owned business, and it was apparent how much love this family has not only for one another but for all of the workers who come together to deliver the best blueberries to consumers.
I came away with a new appreciation for an industry I had known very little about prior to this visit. One of my favorite parts was trying five different varieties of blueberries.
Can you believe one farm can grow as many as seven different varieties? Wish Farms is continuously working hard to deliver the absolute best tasting blueberry.
I left excited and inspired to create new recipes and share them with family and friends.
Are you ready to try the Best Sangria Recipe you have ever tasted? Trust me, you need this Blueberry Sangria in your life! It’s perfect for a Bridal Shower, Mother’s Day Celebration, or even just for a fun Sunday Supper outdoors.
Best Tips for Making Sangria Perfectly Delicious
- Always muddle your fruit. Do not skip this step – ever! Trust me, it will make a huge difference in the taste of your fruity sangria.
- Always use a citrus in your fruity sangria. Lemons, limes and oranges are your friends when it comes to sangria. They give your fruity sangria a little zest that will have your taste buds popping!
- Always spike your sangria. Trust me on this one, it makes a world of difference. This Portuguese girl will tell you that it’s not sangria unless there is a little something, something in there. I love brandy, but flavored vodka also works really well.
- The mixers you choose will have a great impact on the flavor. I love using orange juice, cranberry juice, or blueberry juice depending on the flavor I am going for. It will give your sangria a fruitier, richer flavor.
- Last but not least, the choice of wine makes a huge difference. I like to say that affordable wine is perfect, but please do not use cheap wine. I like to read the tasting notes on the wine and pair it to the fruits that I plan on adding to my sangria.
- Wow your guests by skewering your fruit using fancy toothpicks! You will look like a tenured mixologist!
Want more easy sangria recipes?
Try these other fun drink recipes, too!
- Pickled Strawberry Cocktail
- Frozen Tropical Fruit Rum Cocktail
- Pimm’s Cup Cocktail
- Watermelon Mint Lemonade (Non-Alcoholic)
Some of our other Favorite Blueberry Recipes:
Blueberry Fruity Sangria Recipe
- 750 ml Sauvignon Blanc (1 bottle)
- 2 cups Cranberry Blueberry juice
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 2 cups blueberries (see note 1)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon sliced thin
- In a large bowl (I recommend using a large bowl and then separating it into pitchers later) combine the Sauvignon Blanc, cranberry juice, and brandy.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of blueberries and sugar and mash away. This muddling will add so much flavor to your Blueberry Sangria.
- Combine the muddled blueberries to the wine mixture.
- Add 1/2 lemon slices and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Reserve 1/2 lemon and remaining blueberries for garnish when serving.
- Serve in large pitchers and garnish with remaining blueberries.
- We recommend Wish Farms Blueberries for maximum flavor
- Have some fun by skewering the blueberries on fancy toothpicks! This extra step will really wow your guests!
This post is sponsored by Wish Farms in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Looking for more great ways to enjoy delicious, in-season Wish Farms blueberries? Visit the Wish Farms website, where you can find delicious blueberry recipes and more! Learn about the impressive history of their farm and how they ensure that the blueberries that reach your table are perfect every time.