Being a great host means making your friends and family feel comfortable, and also catering to their palate! Nothing brings young and old together like a fun “board” filled with sweet and savory treats everyone will enjoy. We’ve partnered with Dandy Fresh Fruits and Vegetables to help you master the perfect celery board — whether you’re mixing one up for yourself or entertaining guests!
Are you someone who thinks that celery is just a sidekick to your buffalo chicken wings? Well, I am here to tell you, there are so many exciting ways to use celery! It has become a staple at all my get-togethers, and my friends are raving about my celery boards!
I started using more celery in my favorite snacks and appetizers because many of my friends are following a gluten-free to low-carb diet. I love a good crunch when enjoying snacks and dips, and celery is the perfect way to satisfy that craving with its crunchy goodness! I’m not talking about just using celery in a mirepoix or the holy trinity in Cajun cooking. I am talking about celery as the star of the show!
The brand I look for at my grocer is Dandy Fresh Celery. Not only is it sweet and crispy, but I also find it to be less stringy, so it’s perfect to use in my appetizers! Dandy Fresh has its own proprietary variety of celery, and has 3 PhDs on staff working hard to make sure their celery delivers a perfectly delicious and crisp experience in every bite.
I had the opportunity to visit one of the farms growing Dandy Fresh Celery in Belle Glade, FL, and I was blown away by how beautiful it was! Did you know celery is harvested by hand? I had no idea! But I loved soaking in the beautiful fields and learning more about the crop. There’s a good reason that the farm is in Florida: the bright sunny weather plays a role in the sweetness of the celery!
Are you ready? I promise you, once you try making these fun celery appetizers, you will never turn back to thinking celery is just a sidekick!
The best part is that Dandy Fresh Celery is offered in so many convenient sizes. Celery hearts, Celery sticks, Celery Snackers and more! You can find all their products on their website: www.DudaFresh.com.
The Pepperoni Pizza Celery Roll = Celery + Mozzarella + Pepperoni
- Dandy Fresh Celery Sticks – 16 pieces
- ½ cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- ½ pound mozzarella cheese sliced thin
- ½ pound sliced pepperoni (I like to use the larger 2 inch slices but either works)
- Fill the center of the celery with the cream cheese
- Wrap the mozzarella and pepperoni around the stuffed celery
- Eat whole or cut into smaller bites and skewer on fancy toothpicks to impress your guests
**Family Foodie note: My kids would eat this every day after school!
***Fun tip: use a potato peeler and thinly slice the celery. Use as a fun topper!
The Charcuterie Celery Skewer = Celery + Salami + Cheddar Cheese
- Dandy Fresh Celery Sticks – 16 pieces
- 8 ounce Cheddar Cheese Bar, sliced 8 ounces hard salami slices
- Optional: Mustard
- Cut the celery sticks into approximately ½ inch slices
- Cut the sliced cheddar cheese into long rectangles
- Using long toothpicks or small skewers, skewer the celery, cheese and salami, alternating each
- Dip in your favorite mustard (optional)
The Mediterranean Shrimp Celery Boat
- Dandy Fresh Celery Sticks – 8 pieces
- 1 cup of your favorite hummus (I love using basil hummus!)
- 8 Shrimp, cooked
- Optional: basil for garnishing 1 small ziploc bag
- Fill the ziploc bag with the hummus
- Cup a small hole in the bag at one of the corners
- Gently squeeze the bag and pipe the hummus on each celery stick
- Top with a cooked shrimp and garnish with additional basil
**Family Foodie note: You can display the hummus in a bowl with celery and shrimp on the side and have guests build their own Mediterranean Shrimp Boats!
You didn’t think I was done, did you? You can have fun with celery and dessert! This Strawberry Cheesecake Dip is the hit of every get-together! I bet you never thought to dip celery in a sweet dip, but it is out of this world!
Strawberry Cheesecake Dip with Celery Dippers
- 7.5 ounce container of Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Optional: additional strawberries for garnish
- Add strawberries and honey to a large bowl and mash the strawberries with a fork until liquified
- Add the strawberry cream cheese spread and mix on high using a hand mixer for approximately 5 minutes or until fluffy and well combined
- Display in a small bowl with celery on the side and let your guests dig in!
I was slightly skeptical to try this next sweet dip, but boy was I glad I did. Once again, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted with celery! The Strawberry Cheesecake Dip and Chocolate Hummus Dip are a match made in heaven on your celery board. It’s a conversation piece that both kids and adults will love! Everyone will remember this fun celery board!
Chocolate Hummus with Celery Dippers
If you can open a package of hummus and a package of Dandy Fresh Celery sticks, you can make this fun treat a part of your board. Pair it with the strawberry cheesecake dip on the same board, and your guests will love the celery dippers dipped in both chocolate and strawberry! This is so perfect for a kids birthday party or a school party!
March is National Celery Month and we have been Celerybrating all month long! Check out the #CelerySelfie contest on Instagram and join the fun! As you can see, we will be Celerybrating all year long! We are in love with these celery board ideas!
Take your snacking game to the next level this Spring with 24 creative and easy-to-assemble stuffed celery ideas from Dandy Fresh! Click here to get your free ecookbook.