What appetizers or “picky” foods do you think of when you are prepping for your favorite #GameDayEats? Well this Momma isn’t much of a football fan, however I’m a HUGE fan of making picky food for my loved ones, and eating it of course! My husband loves sports, so any Game Day is a reason for me to get in the kitchen and cook up some yummy foods we can all demolish with our hands!
I actually made this for New Years Eve this year; it’s really a great appetizer for any occasion, but I’ll be making it again for Game Day! I think I’ve come to learn that appetizers and finger foods are some my favorite dishes to make. I get to experiment and make more than on dish. Win-Win for everyone!
Next time I’m thinking of adding bacon and making a homemade marinara dipping sauce! Yummy.
This is perfect for a crowd! Pull, eat and enjoy! What is your favorite Appetizer to serve for Game Day?
- 1 Sourdough Baguette
- 8 ounces Sharp Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- 2-4 ounces butter, melted
- 3 Scallions, white and green parts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Using two pieces of foil overlapping, make a plus sign. Spray with oil. Place the baguette on top and carefully cut it into slices making sure you do not slice through the bottom, turn the bread and make slices again, so it looks like little squares.
- Mix the butter, scallions and garlic in a small bowl and set aside. Stick a slice of cheese in between each slice (I mean every slice! Get it cheesy).
- Pour the butter mixture over the stuffed bread, and wrap the foil tightly around the bread, sealing it over the top. Place directly on the rack in the preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes. If adding more shredded cheese on the top, unwrap the bread, sprinkle with shredded cheese; change the temperature to 425° F and cook with foil open for another 10 minutes - then you'll get this fun piece of this cheesy goodness!