This Chewy Blondies Recipe is a must for the holiday season or any time of year! Loaded with white chocolate chips and toasted pecans, these blondies are one of our favorite cookie bar recipes, and a guaranteed hit for any occasion!
I don’t know what is about this time of year, but I always get the baking bug. Once Halloween is over I’m cranking up my oven and buy butter by the pound. The cashier at my grocery store always asks what I’m making this time. Today, I’m sharing this amazingly good Chewy Blondies Recipe! It’s sure to make your Best Cookie Exchange Recipes list.
Chewy Blondies Recipe Tips
- Bourbon. Yep, it’s in this recipe. You could also use whiskey or honey-flavored whiskey if that’s what you have on hand. That being said, don’t worry. You won’t get a boozy taste in these blondies. The alcohol cooks off during the baking process and you’re left with all the baking friendly flavors.
- Let these blondies cool for at least an hour. They will settle as they cool and that blondie texture will form. (If you aren’t familiar with blondies, they’re kind of a like a vanilla brownie.) I left mine overnight and then dusted with sugar and cut the next day.
- Size matters. You’ll get a 9-inch x 13-inch pan from this recipe, but the number of blondies will vary based on how big you cut them. I usually do 3 x 6 rows to get 18 good-sized blondies, but I’ve also cut them into 4 x 8 rows to get 32 smaller blondies. I think the smaller ones work well for cookie plates because I can stretch one batch farther.
Be warned, your house is going to smell SOOOO good! I could tell theme blondies were going to be super tasty just by the batter. (That’s right, I lick the spoon to check the batter taste.) But once they got out of the oven it was goodness on a whole new level! This blondie recipe is chewy, toothsome, and has so much flavor.
The white chocolate, pecans, and rich bourbon flavor marry so well together. The addition of bourbon really brings gives a deep caramel & vanilla that’s heaven in your mouth. Make a BIG batch. Everyone is going to want a bite!
Chewy Blondies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup bourbon good quality
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan toasted & chopped
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time beating after each addition. Add the bourbon and vanilla and mix until smooth. Scrape the side of the bowl as needed.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 additions, mixing until just combined after each addition.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and pecans using a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the blondie batter to your prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack until completely cooled, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into 32 pieces.
- Yield is based on how big you cut the blondies. I like them bigger so I cut the blondies into 3 rows longways and then 6 rows to get 18 good-size blondies.
- If you want more, You can cut 4 rows longways and then 8 rows to get 32 small blondies.