Find the perfect easy side dishes for Christmas! Our collection of Christmas side dishes makes it easy to plan your holiday menu ahead of time. These are the best side dishes for ham, prime rib, brisket, and turkey.
Plus, we’ll share our favorite Christmas main dishes and desserts with you, so you can easily pair everything together! Plan an easy Christmas dinner menu in no time.
What should I serve for Christmas dinner?
Planning out your Christmas meal ideas has a lot to do with the main dish you’re planning to serve! Are you making turkey, roast beef, or ham? You can mix and match like any traditional Christmas dinner menu, but if you want to tailor your meal perfectly for your main dish, we have you covered.
We split our favorite easy Christmas dinner menu ideas into parts based on the main course. We’ll cover:
- Side dishes for turkey
- Prime rib side dishes
- Side dishes for brisket
- Sides for ham
- Christmas vegetarian dishes
Looking for the perfect Christmas drink recipes, too? Try these:
Christmas Turkey Side Dishes
Let’s start with Christmas turkey! First, try our Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe. We slather our turkey with homemade Garlic Herb Butter, making it juicy with a crispy skin. It’s easily the best turkey dinner out there.
When talking about the best side dishes for turkey, the classics come to mind. Recipes like sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and creamy mashed potatoes are easy favorites and are some of the best crowd-feeding recipes.
- Southern Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole (fresh green beans)
- How to Make Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Gluten Free Stuffing
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Wild Rice Salad
Side Dishes for Prime Rib
Picking the best prime rib side dishes first means picking out the best prime rib recipe! Try our Slow Roasted Prime Rib Recipe, our easy Boneless Prime Rib Roast Recipe, or our Sunday Rib Roast (Standing Rib Roast).
Each one makes amazing leftovers (like our Creamy Penne Pasta with Sliced Prime Rib) and pairs perfectly with the side dishes below! If you worry about cooking the perfect prime rib, our recipes each have guides on how to cook the perfect roast beef every time.
- Gluten Free Au Gratin Potatoes
- Green Bean Almondine
- Best Yorkshire Pudding Recipe (Best Popover Recipe)
- Roasted Artichoke Salad
- Sauteed Mushroom and Onions
- Baked Portobello Mushrooms
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
What to Serve with Brisket
If you’re looking for brisket sides, first start with our Slow Cooker Beef Brisket recipe. You can either make it in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot – making it the easiest brisket recipe you can make!
The best sides for brisket are similar to the roast beef sides above; you could mix-and-match, and it would work perfectly! Try these easy side dish recipes for brisket:
- Irish Mashed Potatoes (gluten free)
- Foil Pack Potatoes (Foil Packet Potatoes)
- Tomato Casserole (Tomato Pasta Bake)
- Candied Bacon Recipe (Millionaire Bacon)
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage – as easy as it gets!
Christmas Ham Side Dishes
Delicious, glazed ham recipes are a classic for a traditional Christmas dinner menu. Try our recipe for the Easiest Honey Glazed Ham, and we guarantee you’ll be impressed with the results!
These easy sides for ham are great matches for your classic Christmas ham recipe. They’re just perfect for adding to your Christmas dinner party ideas. Give our favorites a try:
- Easy Smashed Brussels Sprouts Recipe (Gluten Free)
- Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots (gluten free)
- Baked Creamed Corn Casserole
- Sliced Baked Apples
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Ina Garten Mac and Cheese
- Broccoli Apple Salad
Christmas Vegetarian Dishes
Whether you’re making a vegetarian Christmas dinner or simply want to enjoy even more veggies, these Christmas vegetarian dishes are perfect! Try our Christmas vegetables with your favorite vegetarian meals or alongside the main dishes above.
Here are some of our favorite Christmas vegetables and vegetarian side dishes:
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- Marquis Potatoes (Pommes Marquise)
- Garlic Butter White Button Mushroom Recipe
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- Roasted Vegetables with Cheese Sauce
Easy Christmas Dessert Recipes
If you’re looking for the perfect Christmas dessert, we have you covered! Try these elegant Christmas desserts for a beautiful dinner menu:
- Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe with Raspberry Topping
- Decadent Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
- The BEST Deep Dish Apple Pie
- EASY Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Baileys Fudge Recipe (Easy Fudge)
- Ina Garten Apple Crisp
More Christmas Dinner Ideas to Enjoy
- Best Easy Cookie Recipes for a Cookie Swap
- Easy Gluten-Free Meals for the Holidays
- Best Side Dishes for Roast Beef
- Easy Casserole Recipes for the Holidays
- Easy Buffet Menu Ideas