Fresh peaches still aren’t fabulous where you live? This citrus peach sangria is made with canned peaches, lemons and limes, summer sunshine in a glass. Make this refreshing favorite for your next party!
Over the years I’ve lived in a lot of places where summer peaches aren’t available. Or they were imported and the shops did sell them, but the peaches were clearly picked too early and weren’t the fragrant ripe peaches I remember from home.
Honestly, is there anything more wonderful than the aroma of warm peaches piled high in woven bushel baskets at a farm stand? And nothing beats eating a sweet peach so perfectly ripe that you have to lean forward or the juice runs down to your elbows. Love!
I’ve come up with a few ways to get my peach fix from canned peaches but this refreshing citrus peach sangria is one of my favorites. The apple brandy adds a bit of oomph to the wine but the citrus and peaches and peach syrup are the stars. I’m away from home and my large pitcher right now so I had to mix it up in two. Don’t let the smaller pitcher in my photos fool you. This recipe makes plenty enough to serve 10-12.
- 1 750-ml bottle dry white wine, chilled
- 1/2 cup or 120ml apple brandy
- 14 oz or 400g can sliced peaches in light syrup chilled
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 12 oz or 355ml lemon lime soda Sprite, 7-Up or the like or to taste
- Add the wine, apple brandy and peaches to a pitcher.
- Slice your lemon and lime thinly and add them in too.
- Put in a couple of handfuls of ice and then top up with lemon lime soda.
- To serve, use a spoon to scoop a couple of peach and citrus slices into each glass. Add more ice and pour in the sangria.
This week our Sunday Supper tastemakers are celebrating the sweet peach. We’ve got almost 50 lovely recipes that I know you are going to love, if you love peaches like we do. Check them out! Many thanks to this week’s host Sue of Palatable Pastime and our event manager Renee of Renee’s Kitchen Adventures for all their hard work.
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement