From the sweet navel orange to the sour lemon, citrus is one of the most versatile ingredients nature can offer, with a wide variety of fruits to choose from! With its bright and tangy flavors, there are countless ways that you can cook both sweet and savory citrus recipes that will make you smile. Whether it’s a vibrant, lemony chicken piccata, a tangy, sticky orange beef, or a tart key lime pie, our tastemakers are here to share their best and brightest Sunday Supper recipes with you!
With winter coming to a close, right now is the perfect time to enjoy citrus! Citrus grows best in the winter months, and is perfect to usher in spring with its bright, pungent flavors. Of course, you can enjoy citrus year-round; many people attribute it to summer for its refreshing variety of tastes! Citrus is often the ingredient that adds just the right acidic punch to a dish, and many recipes would be incomplete without its inclusion. Think of the last time you squeezed a lemon over pasta, or vegetables, or even just into a glass of water — just for that extra kick!
Not only is citrus a versatile ingredient and tasty on its own, but there’s no doubting that it’s genuinely good for you, too! You can’t beat delicious and healthy!
Here are some healthy facts about citrus that you can smile about the next time you eat it:
The Health Benefits of Citrus
- Citrus fruits contain their fair share of dietary fiber. Oranges and grapefruit both contain soluble fiber that helps lower your cholesterol, and insoluble fiber that helps your digestion.
- Of course, citrus contains Vitamin C, an antioxidant that many people turn to for fending off the common cold!
- Citrus has very few calories, boasting only its natural sugars and, of course, no fat or sodium!
- Citrus amplifies the body’s ability to absorb the iron in food through Vitamin C.
While you’re at it, be sure join us this upcoming Sunday at 7PM when we’ll be tweeting about citrus recipes!
Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.