A few years ago I didn’t have enough beef for my meatballs so I mixed it with Italian sausage, Ever since, I’ve made them the same way. The combination of sausage and beef makes the tastiest meatballs ever. Add some Parmesan and bake them in a little tomato sauce, as the good cooks at Certified Angus Beef® brand suggest and the result is a fabulous dish your family will love.
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef® brand. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. Find more of their wonderful #BestBeef recipes at https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes
- 3/4 pound Certified Angus Beef® ground chuck
- 1/4 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage (skin removed)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine beef, sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, egg, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper by hand.
- Form into 16 meatballs approximately 1 1/2-inch in diameter (can be made a day ahead, stored in refrigerator). Coat bottom of a 9 x 12-inch baking dish with tomato sauce and line with meatballs.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Turn each meatball upside down and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Use an instant read thermometer to confirm meatballs are fully cooked. (160° F internal temperature)
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.