Fresh Coconut Rice Pilaf brimming with fresh herbs and fiber makes a yummy spring dish that will brighten any potluck or family dinner. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make! This recipe was first published in full on the blog Sue’s Nutrition Buzz. We are pleased to share it with you here, with permission, for Weekday Supper.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste or grated
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peas
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup mint
- 1/4 cup basil
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or stove stop for 20 minutes with two cups water and two cups coconut milk.
- Heat olive oil, add sliced onion, ginger and sauté 2-4 minutes. Add cumin, chili and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add green peas, coconut oil and salt and sauté 3-5 minutes till peas are lightly cooked. Add chopped fresh herbs and sauté another 1 minute.
- Add pea mixture to cooked rice and mix well.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.