Is there a better way to celebrate summer than with a hot dog? It’s the quintessential summer food. The hot dog is also the perfect canvas for some creative Sunday Supper recipes. Instead of the typical ketchup and mustard, we’re bringing some creative hot dog toppings to the mix.
When it comes to summer BBQs we love creative hot dog recipes. Not only are hot dogs a delicious summer food, but they’re also fairly inexpensive. Perfect for throwing a summer bash on a budget. With these creative hot dog toppings, you can really elevate the average dog
Creative Hot Dog Toppings
- Instead of adding chopped up hot dogs to your mac and cheese, add some mac and cheese to your hot dog! Combining two kid-friendly dinners is a great way to satisfy those picky eaters! There is something so satisfying about piling your hot dog bun high with mac and cheese!
- Step your mac and cheese dogs up a notch by combining them with another classic hot dog pair, chili. This Chili Mac and Cheese creates one decadent hot dog topping that is packed with flavor.
- Bacon makes everything better! Add some chopped up bacon, lettuce, and tomato for a tasty BLT dog!
- In Chicago, it is common to put pickles on your hot dog. At Sunday Supper we love to pickle more than just our cucumbers. This pickled purple cabbage was designed for fish tacos, but would add a great pop to your dogs!
- Is Taco Tuesday popular in your house? Then try topping your hot dogs with taco flavors. This is a Taco Hot Dog with so many flavor options everyone can create their own custom taco dog!
- Love spice? How about a jalapeno popper dog! All you need is some cheddar cheese sauce and pickled jalapenos!
- Ditch the bun. Instead of adding creative hot dog toppings to your bun, swap your bun for something more creative. Puff pastry is a hot dog’s best friend! We’re not talking pigs in the blanket. These firecracker hot dogs are always a party hit!
Don’t forget about the hot dogs best friends, the hamburger! Check out these creative hot dog AND hamburger ideas!
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.