Get ready for the spookiest time of the year with fun and easy Halloween themed food! Enjoy the best of the best Halloween food recipes kids and adults alike will love, from themed Halloween appetizers to the easiest dinner ideas to get your kids out the door trick-or-treating.
Easy Halloween Food Recipes
Halloween themed food is fun for everyone! Even us grown ups enjoy witch finger cookies and brain cupcakes, right? There is just so much you can do with Halloween food recipes that there’s an idea out there for everyone! We personally love Halloween appetizers (we have a whole post dedicated to our favorite Halloween Finger Foods!), but the list of foods you can make to celebrate is endless.
Savory Halloween Food Ideas
Classic Halloween themed food consists of cute desserts, but you can make savory food for the holiday, too! Some of our favorite Halloween meals are savory bites. For example, why not give these recipes a try?
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese: One of our favorite mac and cheese recipes, perfect for Halloween! Serve this easy mac and cheese in a bowl shaped like a pumpkin, and the kids will eat it up. Definitely one of our most celebrated pumpkin dinner recipes!
- Meat Head: We love this extremely fun Meat Head from Helpful Homemade. He is both cute and creepy at the same time, and makes the perfect Halloween centerpiece at the dinner table! Everyone will love him.
- Twice Baked Halloween Potato Graves: An easy twice baked potatoes recipe from Kudos Kitchen by Renee, perfect for a Halloween party!
- Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Peppers with Ground Beef: Yummy bell peppers resembling Jack-o-Lanterns from Cupcakes & Kale Chips, stuffed with delicious beef shepherd’s pie filling! One of our favorite recipes for Halloween dinner.
- Devilish Potato Mummies: A delicious baked potatoes recipe from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen that comes out of the oven looking like cute mummies! Kids will love these!
- Brain Cupcakes with Red Moscato Wine Shooters: These are just for the adults at the table! These fun Halloween cupcakes from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks are a spooky favorite.
Favorite Halloween Dessert Ideas
What could be more perfect for Halloween than Halloween themed desserts? These are some of the easiest desserts you can make and are so festive. Below are our favorite Halloween party food ideas!
- Mini Halloween Cheesecakes (Frankenstein Cakes): Easy mini cheesecakes that look like Frankenstein! Super cute and fun to eat, too.
- Chocolate Pretzel Spiders: Little chocolate pretzel spiders are always a hit with kids.
- Halloween Chocolate Bark Recipe: Chocolate bark recipes are some of the easiest desserts you can make, and this one is perfect for Halloween!
- Spider-Man Web Berry Dessert: Celebrate your inner superhero for Halloween with this Spider-Man theme dessert! It’s healthy and tasty!
- Monster and Mummy Cupcakes: Hip Foodie Mom makes these delicious Halloween cupcakes everyone can enjoy!
- Peanut Butter Apple Monster Mouths: A fun and healthy Halloween recipe from Amee’s Savory Dish!
- Monster Bites Cake Pops: Cravings of a Lunatic shares this too-cute cake pops recipe that looks like little monsters!
- Pumpkin Dirt Pudding (Graveyard Parfaits): We love this Halloween themed pumpkin and chocolate parfait recipe from Neighborfood Blog!
- Chocolate Raspberry Ghoulash: This chocolate raspberry goulash (or “ghoulash!”) recipe from Desserts Required is one of our favorite creepy Halloween recipes and is so tasty, too!
Easy Pumpkin Recipes
We love easy pumpkin recipes for the Fall, especially for Halloween. They’re more than just festive, they’re delicious! We have plenty of sweet pumpkin recipes to share with you, perfect for dessert or even a sweet breakfast or brunch.
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake Dessert: A pumpkin ooey gooey cake recipe with a crunchy, nutty topping!
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread: Just like the popular Starbucks pumpkin bread, but inexpensive and easy to make, too! Decorate for Halloween by topping with pumpkin spice whipped cream and adding festive sprinkles.
- Pumpkin Empanadas: Tasty little dessert empanadas with pumpkin filling. Everyone loves these dessert hand pies!
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls: EASY no bake cheesecake bites that the kids can help make, too. Try decorating them for Halloween by drawing faces on with icing!
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe: An incredibly tasty chocolate cupcake recipe marbled with pumpkin. The pumpkin spice whipped frosting is a real treat!
- No Bake Pumpkin Cookies: Pumpkin cookies you can make without baking! So easy, the kids can help make them.
- Pumpkin Cobbler with Spiced Butter Toffee: We love pumpkin cobbler just about as much as we do pumpkin pie. You will love this pumpkin cobbler recipe for Halloween!
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies: Everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, and these soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies are made even better by the addition of pumpkin spice!
- Sweet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: After carving up your Jack-o-Lanterns, try roasting pumpkin seeds! These sweet roasted pumpkin seeds are a delectable treat for Halloween.
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice: Just like the pumpkin juice from Harry Potter! You will love this easy pumpkin drink recipe.
Easy Halloween Dinner Ideas
Get the kids ready for a night of trick-or-treating with our easy Halloween dinner ideas! These are some of the easiest dinner ideas you’ll find, and make the perfect recipes for Halloween dinner. To us, the best dinner ideas for a busy holiday are hands-off and easy to make, and when it comes to Halloween, we love recipes kids can help make.
- Puff Pastry Pizza Twists: One of our favorite kid friendly dinners. The kids can even help make these!
- Ina Garten Mac and Cheese: An easy, creamy mac and cheese recipe inspired by Ina Garten recipes that you and the kids will both love.
- Chicken Taquitos Recipe: One of the best freezer meals! Baked chicken taquitos are an easy dinner for a busy holiday night.
- Instant Pot Pot Roast: Make an easy beef dinner in an instant with our instant pot pot roast recipe! Kids will love it, too.
- Buttermilk Roast Chicken: Easy chicken dinners like these are perfect for a protein-packed, yet light meal!
- Chicken Empanada Recipe: Tasty chicken hand pies kids and adults alike both love!
What are your favorite recipes for Halloween dinner? How about Halloween party food? We love Fall recipes, especially anything pumpkin or Halloween inspired dishes. We’d love to hear what you think, too! Let us know in the comments below!
Post updated 10/9/2019.