Taco Tuesday will never be the same once you make this Easy Fish Taco Recipe with Pineapple Slaw! Fresh fish topped with a sweet pineapple slaw is a burst of flavor you’ll love! National Taco Day 2017 is October 4th. Be ready with our collection of Easy Taco Recipes!
I have a bit of a taco obsession. From little street tacos to crunchy shells filled with carnitas, tacos are my jam. Growing up, we didn’t have an official taco night. Instead, my mom would surprise me with tacos. I’d come into the kitchen and see the oil in the pan and know it was going to be an awesome dinner! Now that I’m making tacos for my own family, I find one of my favorite things about them is they’re perfect for picky eaters. Everyone can add the toppings they love so everyone gets what they want. No complaints.
Easy Fish Taco Recipe Tips
- Make the slaw as soon as you set aside the fish to marinade. This will let the slaw sweat out the excess liquid so it’s in the bottom of the bowl and not in your taco.
- If you’d like some extra acid to cut the sweetness of the slaw, serve the tacos with lime wedges. You can squeeze them over the finished tacos.
- Keep your food fun with lots of colors! While you can use just green or purple cabbage for this recipe, mix them together for a dinner that’ll catch everyone’s eye!
When we go out to eat, I always gravitate towards fish tacos. Fresh fish (sauteed or fried) with a crunchy slaw and some awesome sauce (ha!) in a flour tortilla is just the best. I love them so much I started making them at home and my husband couldn’t be happier. They’ve quickly become one of his most requested dinners and they’re so easy to make I don’t mind indulging him anytime he asks. This easy taco recipe is sure to be a winner at your house too!
Ready for some more easy taco recipes? Here are some of our favorites!
- Brown Sugar Glazed Cod Tacos
- Lobster Tacos with Avocado Aioli
- Chicken Taco Cups
- 25 Tantalizing Taco Recipes
- 4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound (3 filets) tilapia
- 4 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (purple, green, or both)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 6 to 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- Lime wedges
- In a good-sized flat dish, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, and salt until well combined. Place one fish filet in the marinade at a time coating both sides. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining fish. Allow to marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook the fish in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a plate and use a fork to until the fish into small pieces. (It will flake easily.)
- While the fish is marinating, make the slaw. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pineapple preserves, olive oil, and salt until combined.
- Add the cabbage and carrots, and mix until all the veggies are well coated. Set aside.
- Lay out a tortilla. Place a few tablespoons of fish down the center of the tortilla. Top the fish with pineapple slaw. Repeat until all the fish has been used.
- Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over the tacos. Serve immediately.
These tacos are wet! There is a lot of moisture from the water coming out of the cabbage and fish. They will drip, but they are delicious and worth the mess while eating.
Recipe source: Savvy Eats
Easy Taco Recipes
Breakfast, Dessert, and Alternative Tacos
- Jalapeno Cornbread Taco Pie by Soulfully Made
- Loaded Taco Tots by Gourmet Everyday
- Naked Egg Breakfast Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Spicy Beef Cheesy Corn Taco Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Veggie Packed Mouth-Watering Cauliflower Breakfast Tostadas by Bites of Wellness
Lunch and Dinner Tacos
- 1970s Style Tacos by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asian-Spiced Black Cod Tacos with Kimchi and Avocado-Sriracha Mayo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by A Mind Full Mom
- Chorizo Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Beef Tacos by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Fish Taco Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement
- Healthy Ground Turkey Tacos by Mid-Life Croissant
- It’s Taco Tuesday: An Easy Family Meal by Hardly A Goddess
- Low Carb Beef Tacos by Our Good Life
- Salmon Tacos with Watermelon Pico de Gallo by Pies and Plots
- Sloppy Joe Tacos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tacos with Cabbage Slaw by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Tacos by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Surf and Turf Tacos by The Weekend Gourmet
- Walking Chili Cheese Tacos by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.