Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Score BIG this season with these Easy Football Food Ideas! These are the best football party foods, from classic game night food like finger-licking good baked buffalo wings to new favorite party snack ideas like blistered shishito peppers with citrus pesto dip.
Cook up any of these game day food ideas, and you’ll be the most popular person in the room! These are the best football foods and party dishes, period.
Football Food Ideas Make the Best Party Food
What could be better than football game food? Let’s face it, some of us are just here for that good, good party food. There’s something about game day food that other party food recipes just can’t compare to!
Whether you need a full game day menu for the big event or just need ideas for snacks to bring to a party, we have everything you need here! Check out the categories below to find the best ideas for game day food, organized by type.
The Best Football Food Ideas
To make it easy on you, we put our favorite food ideas for game day into different categories. No matter what you’re looking for, we have all the football game food you could possibly need!
- Our Top 5 Football Party Foods: These are our top five favorite football party foods! From juicy garlic butter steak bites to our baked buffalo wings with homemade buffalo sauce, these are our picks for the best game food ideas.
- Favorite Football Appetizers: The BEST football appetizers around! From simple but flavor-packed puff pastry twist pizza to low carb friendly cauliflower bites, these easy football recipes are some of the best!
- Best Game Day Dips for Chips & More: You can’t have a football party food menu without chips and dip! We go beyond chips with these easy party snacks and take it to a new level with our blistered shishito peppers and chorizo sausage dip.
- Easy Burger Recipes & Roll Sliders: Love burgers for game day? We do too. These are the best burger and slider football food recipes, from our poached egg burger to pulled pork sandwiches.
- Game Day Food BBQ Menu Ideas: BBQ menu ideas are perfect for game day, especially if you’re at a tailgate party! These are some of our favorite easy food ideas, and especially some of our favorite football foods.
- Best Football Food Side Salads: Side salads perfect for your football game food ideas! Potato salads, pasta salads, and classic fresh vegetable salads both fall into this category.
- Perfect Football Desserts: Your football party ideas need desserts! These football desserts are perfect for game day and go perfectly with your other party food recipes.
- Best Game Day Menu Party Drinks: Football party food ideas just aren’t complete without party drinks! We have both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options here, so everyone is happy!
Our Top 5 Football Party Foods
- Juicy Garlic Butter Steak Bites: Juicy and delicious, these steak bites will be gone in a flash! Serve them with baked crispy potato wedges for the perfect combo.
- Blistered Shishito Peppers with Dipping Sauce: These mild Japanese peppers are so delicious with their citrus pesto dipping sauce! These are one of our favorite snack food ideas for game day.
- Air Fryer Mushrooms: One of the best football snacks EVER! Air fryer mushrooms are easy to make, crispy, and flavorful.
- Puerto Rican Baked Empanadas (Pastelillos de Carne): One of our all-time favorite party snacks ideas, especially when it comes to game day recipes. So good, they’re even good cold.
- Homemade Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe: When it comes to football foods ideas, this one is a classic. Our baked buffalo wings are made with homemade buffalo sauce, and are one of the best party food ideas!
Favorite Football Appetizers
- Puff Pastry Twist Pizza
- Soft Pretzel Recipe
- Chicken Empanada Recipe (Empanadas de Pollo)
- Easy Baked Crispy Potato Wedges
- Fried Oysters Recipe
Football appetizers make some of the best football food ideas! We have so many favorite easy football food recipes to share with you. If you have to pick just one, go with our puff pastry twist pizza. It’s so easy, kids can help make it!
But to be honest, you’re going to want to try all of these football food ideas. They’re some of the best snacks to bring to a party!
- Thai Chicken Meatballs
- Southwest Egg Rolls Baked
- Mexican Street Corn (Elotes Mexicanos)
- Prosciutto Pinwheels
Best Game Day Dips for Chips & More
- Easy Beer Cheese Dip (Obatzda)
- Peach Mango Salsa
- Chorizo Cheese Dip with Spinach
- Easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
We. Love. Dips. These dips for chips & more are some of the best game day food ideas around! The peach mango salsa is perfect for tortilla chips or fish tacos, and homemade blue cheese pairs perfectly with baked buffalo wings.
You NEED to try the Obatzda with our soft pretzels (linked with the appetizers!), too! It’s out of this world delicious.
Easy Burger Recipes & Roll Sliders
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Cheeseburger Sliders with Bacon
- Easy Mushroom Swiss Burger (Mushroom Swiss Cheeseburger)
- Poached Egg Burger with Caramelized Onions
There is no going wrong with a burger. These easy burger recipes & roll sliders are both good party food and some of the best football food ever! Our favorite is the cheeseburger sliders with bacon – they are beyond easy to make.
Game Day Food BBQ Menu Ideas
- Pulled Pork Pizza Flatbread Recipe
- Korean Braised Short Ribs (Galbi Jjim)
- How to Make Pulled Pork – the best pulled pork recipe ever!
- Easiest Slow Cooker Brisket (Instant Pot Brisket)
- Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs Recipe
BBQ menu ideas are perfect for game day! Serve them up with your favorite side dishes for BBQ, and the crowd will go wild.
Best Football Food Side Salads
- Zesty Spanish Potato Salad (Ensaladilla Rusa)
- Easy German Potato Salad with Bacon
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad
- Grilled Peach Salad
- Buffalo Mozzarella Salad with Lentils
Our favorite football food ideas are better with side salads! Try our grilled peach salad along with our pulled pork pizza flatbread, and you’ll be hooked.
Perfect Football Desserts
- Almond Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Caramel Apple Empanadas | Caramel Apple Hand Pies
- Best Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits
- Chocolate Ganache Covered Strawberries
- Double Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
Football desserts make every game day party better! The best part is, these are some of the easiest game day recipes you can make. Our chocolate covered strawberries are perfect for decorating, and our double chocolate brownie mug cake is almost too easy to be true!
Best Game Day Menu Party Drinks
- Frosé Recipe (Frozen Rosé)
- Moscato Sangria Recipe (Moscato Wine Cocktail)
- Rose Sangria with Summer Berries
- Blueberry Fruity Sangria Recipe
- Pickled Strawberry Cocktail
Add any of these drinks to your football party food menu, and everyone will be happy! The party drinks above are all adult beverages, while the ones below are non-alcoholic so everyone can enjoy them.
- Watermelon Mint Lemonade
- Green Apple Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie (Healthy Blueberry Smoothie)
- Apple Banana Smoothie (Apple Pie Smoothie)
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Which of these football food ideas have you given a try? Let us know in the comments below which ones you like most! Do you have any football food traditions?
Other Easy Football Food Ideas to Try
- Spicy Grilled Steak Nachos
- Portuguese Peri Peri Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- Potato and Chorizo Bites
- Italian Pressed Sandwich