We are halfway through December which means holiday parties are in full swing. Don’t stress out about what to bring. Our tastemakers have created this list of Easy Holiday Party Recipes, perfect for whipping up a last minute dish or two.
December is a month of constant celebration, with the holiday spirit filling the air. The joy and happiness is just contagious. No wonder it’s called “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.” From holiday music, to gift exchanges, to much needed vacation days; there is always something to look forward to when the holidays come around.
At #SundaySupper we believe in making time to celebrate with friends and family. Whether you throwing a grand holiday bash or an intimate dinner party, it is important to spend quality time to those near and dear to your heart.
Reasons to Celebrate in December
- Winter Solstice – December 21st – An astrological holiday marking the shortest day and the longest night, sounds like a perfect night to throw a party!
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day – December 24th and 25th- traditionally a Christian holiday, Christmas has become popular as a secular holiday as well. The Christmas spirit celebrates goodwill and kindness to others, not to mention cookies and Santa Claus.
- Hanukkah – December 24th- January 1st – this Jewish holiday also known as the Festival of Lights is a time of remembering the past and spending quality time with family.
- Boxing Day – December 26th – Stemming from the tradition of servants being presented with gifts known as the “Christmas Box” now it is primarily known as a shopping holiday, but who says you can’t throw a Boxing Day Party?
- Kwanzaa – December 26th – January 1st – A weeklong celebrations honoring African American culture that ends with a large feast and gift giving.
- New Year’s Eve – December 31st – A time to celebrate with friends and family over the end of another year. A day to focusing on all the good that has happen in the past 12 months and look forward to a fresh start.
With everything from cocktails to cookies, this week’s Easy Holiday Party Recipes #SundaySupper is packed with delicious recipes. Join in the holiday party and tweet with us Sunday, December 18th at 7pmEST.
- 3 Ingredient Citrus Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Caprese Dip by The Freshman Cook
- Easy Persimmon Appetizer with Minted Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Goat Cheese & Basil Stuffed Peppadews by My Life Cookbook
- Mom’s Cheese Ball by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mushroom Pate by Simple and Savory
- Boozy Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Cocktails 3 Ways by Monica’s Table
- Sparkling Pamplemousse by Books n’ Cooks
- Candy Cane Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Sweet and Salty Toffee Bark by Pies and Plots
- Cheese Ball Pops by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Bratwurst Bites in Cranberry Jezebel Sauce by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Healthier Sausage Crescent Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Hoisin Beef Purses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Potato Poppers by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Spicy Sausage Tarts by A Mind “Full” Mom
- St. Louis Ravioli by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Tuna Salad Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Loaded Pizza Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Roast Chicken with Scallions and Mushrooms by Asian In America
- Simple Christmas Pizza by Cooking Chat
- Stuffed Turkey Cutlets by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.