Beans and rice are a dynamic duo and a classic complete-protein meal for carnivores and vegetarians a like. Easy Bean and Rice Wraps are packed with deliciousness, but most importantly, they are kid-approved! Give them a try and we are sure you’ll be adding them to your growing “to-make-again” list from our Sunday Supper recipes.
This recipe was first published in full on the blog MealDiva. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- A small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 4 large whole-wheat tortillas
- Optional for serving: sour cream, hot sauce, scallions or cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine rice, beans, salsa, lime -juice, salt, garlic and cilantro.
- Place one cup of the rice/bean mixture in the center of one of the tortillas.
- If using, add optional toppings desired.
- Fold the sides over the filling and roll up like a cigar.
- Repeat for remaining tortillas.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.