Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Melt-in-your-mouth tender roast beef that basically cooks itself is the ultimate Sunday supper. I bet you’ll find yourself making this EASY Slow Cooker Roast Beef even on your busiest nights! It’s the perfect Make Ahead Dinner Party Recipe!
What is a slow cooker?
A slow cooker is a small kitchen appliance used to cook food at a lower temperature than other cooking methods. Slow cookers are very convenient.
Many times you put all the ingredients into the pot of the slow cooker, set the temperature to low, and let it cook many hours throughout the day.
Slow cookers are great for the colder time of year to make comfort foods like soups, stews, long simmering sauces, pot roasts, and so much more.
Slow cookers are also great during the warmer months when you don’t want to turn on the oven to heat up the house. They are an all around great appliance to have.
I so appreciate the mealtime support I get from my slow cooker. It’s like having a sous chef that doesn’t get in my way or talk back.
Plus, anything that helps us save time in the kitchen and spares us the cost and calories involved in eating out is aces in my book. Especially at busy times like now.
What beef cuts are best for the slow cooker?
The slow cooker is a wonderful cooking method for lean, tougher cuts of beef like the bottom round roast that are generally more budget friendly.
When slow cooked, the high amount of collagen in tough cuts of beef eventually breaks down, tenderizing the meat and adding flavor to the sauce. It is the perfect cooking method for this Slow Cooker Roast Beef!
How do you make Slow Cooker Roast Beef?
- Cut slits into roast, and liberally salt and add pepper. Place roast into slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef in slow cooker and cook on LOW 6 – 8 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
- Once roast is done cooking (will easily fall apart,) remove from slow cooker with tongs onto a serving dish.
- Shred gently with two forks.
- Pour 1/2 – 1 cup juice/gravy from slow cooker onto shredded beef.
What do you serve with Slow Cooker Roast Beef?
For an amazing Sunday supper with friends and family, you’ll want to pair this Slow Cooker Roast Beef with Gluten Free Au Gratin Potatoes (no need to be on a gluten free diet to enjoy this side dish. It’s NATURALLY gluten free!)
For more ideas, don’t miss one of our most popular collections of recipes – Side Dish Recipes for Roast Beef.
If you’ve been neglecting your slow cooker recently give this recipe a try. Especially if you have people coming over and have yet to discover the wonder of having a free oven in that situation.
Everything comes out hot. It’s like a miracle!
More Make Ahead Dinner Party Recipes
- Baked Eggs in Tomatoes with Lentils and Whipped Goat Cheese
- Easy Paella Recipe with Beef
- Flank Steak Tacos with Pico Verde
- Slow Cooker Carne Picada
Roast Beef Dinner Ideas
- Slow Cooker Beef Gravy
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib Recipe
- Beef Chuck Roast Recipe
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Chuck Roast
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- Dutch Oven Pot Roast
Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
- 5 lb bottom round roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic chopped or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cut slits into roast, and liberally salt and add pepper. Place roast into crockpot.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef in crock and cook on LOW 6 – 8 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
- Once roast is done cooking (will easily fall apart,) remove from slow cooker with tongs onto a serving dish. Shred gently with two forks.
- Pour 1/2 – 1 cup juice/gravy from crock onto shredded beef.
- Mix well and serve!
- We recommend using Certified Angus Beef® brand for best results.