Whether you have a long day at work ahead, a crazy day of holiday shopping, or a crowd of hungry people coming over and you need your oven for the side dishes, this Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe has your back. You can just go about doing your thing and count on serving up some tender, melt-in-your-mouth roast beef come dinner time. It’s the perfect Make Ahead Dinner Party Recipe!
I’m probably old fashioned, but I really don’t mind spending a few hours preparing a meal. I enjoy cooking. To me, it’s therapeutic. And, since I have the time 250 days a year, I am happy to spend it in the kitchen. But on those other 115 days (like right now in the midst of holiday prep) I praise the heavens for my slow cooker and dishes like this Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe.
It requires almost no effort. Delivers on flavor every time. Fills a multitude of bellies. And any leftovers can be piled in between two halves of a potato bun for a killer sandwich.
Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
I’ve also added it to my list of make ahead dinner party recipes because it can stay warm in the slow cooker as long as it needs to and not dry out or get tough. And depending on what you want for your guests, it can be piled high on a platter and served family style or plated individually.
I so appreciate the mealtime support I get from my slow cooker. It’s like having a sous chef that doesn’t get in my way or talk back. Plus, anything that helps us save time in the kitchen and spares us the cost and calories involved in eating out is aces in my book. Especially at busy times like now.
If you’ve been neglecting your slow cooker recently give this recipe a try. Especially if you have people coming over and have yet to discover the wonder of having a free oven in that situation. Everything comes out hot. It’s like a miracle.
More Make Ahead Dinner Party Recipes
- Baked Eggs in Tomatoes with Lentils and Whipped Goat Cheese
- Easy Paella Recipe with Beef
- Flank Steak Tacos with Pico Verde
- Slow Cooker Carne Picada
- Don’t miss our recommendations for amazing Side Dish Recipes for Roast Beef
This Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipes requires almost no effort. Delivers on flavor every time. Fills a multitude of bellies. And any leftovers can be piled in between two halves of a potato bun for a killer sandwich.
- 1 3lb Certified Angus Beef® brand boneless roast beef (bottom round roast)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (organic is suggested, as it won't contain sulfates)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Cut slits into roast, and liberally salt and add pepper. Place roast into crockpot.
In a mixing bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef in crock and cook on LOW 6 - 8 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
Once roast is done cooking (will easily fall apart,) remove from slow cooker with tongs onto a serving dish. Shred gently with two forks.
Pour 1/2 - 1 cup juice/gravy from crock onto shredded beef.
We recommend using Certified Angus Beef® brand for best results
Make Ahead Dinner Party Recipes
Ahead of Schedule Starters
- Beefy Au Gratin Potato Skins by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Strawberry Brie Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Easy Chicken Liver Pâté by Palatable Pastime
- Pomegranate and Orange Champagne Punch by Our Good Life
- Rainbow Hummus by Wholistic Woman
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip by Soulfully Made
Earlier the Better Entrees
- Easy Grain-Free Whole30 Cauliflower Dirty Rice by Bites of Wellness
- Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with Avocado by Cooking Chat
Prepared Ahead Postre
- Banoffee Pie by Caroline’s Cooking
- Candy Bar Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Fireball Cupcakes by Gourmet Everyday
- Gluten Free Almond Ginger Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Pear Upside-Down Spice Cake by Positively Stacey
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
This is a remake of the Crockpot Balsamic Roast Beef recipe that appeared on this site by Nichole Crews of Casa De Crews.