Spring is in the air! Flowers are starting to bloom and the weather is warming up. What we love most about spring is the food! So many bright and flavorful ingredients are in season. This week the Sunday Supper tastemakers are whipping up their favorite easy spring recipes!
Spring is the time of year to start fresh. Winter is gone, everyone always seems happier when spring starts! Many people start fresh with spring cleaning. At Sunday Supper we want to start fresh with some new and exciting Sunday Supper recipes. Break from tradition, and start looking at produce in a new way with our collection of easy spring recipes!
- Artichokes – this beautiful vegetable can be used for so much more than Spinach Artichoke Dip! Buy it fresh in the spring and experiment with some of the Sunday Supper recipes like Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta from Soulfully Made
- Beets- a colorful veggie that always makes for a stunning meal. Beets have a natural sweetness that isn’t only tasty in salads. Check out this sweet Balsamic Beet Puree Swirled Yogurt!
- Rhubarb – often the star of strawberry rhubarb pie, this tart fruit has some many great applications. Try this Rhubarb Steamed Pudding!
- Garlic- while available all year, garlic is the sweetest in the spring. Enjoy the weather and grill some Certified Angus Beef® Brand steaks to top with this irresistible garlic butter from Life Tastes Good
- Ramps – this wild onion is the envy of year chef’s eye in the early spring. If you’ve never worked with ramps we recommend hitting the farmers market and trying these beauties out for yourselves.
Do you want even more spring inspiration? Join our twitter chat Sunday, March 19th at 7pmEST for more easy spring recipes. The Sunday Supper tastemakers are sharing everything from Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes to Mango Banana Bread.
Easy Spring Recipes for Sunday Supper
Cakes, Pies, and Sweets
- Coconut Custard Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mango Banana Bread by Asian in America
- Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookies and Bars
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Coconut Mango Chia Pudding Parfait by The Crumby Cupcake
- Maple Syrup Madeleines by The Finer Cookie
- Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pistachio Lemon Bars by From the Bookshelf
- Creamy and Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad by Cooking On The Ranch
- Grilled Lamb Lollipops with a Lemon and Pea Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes by Hardly a Goddess
- Pad Thai Spring Rolls by Brunch-n-Bites
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spring Pizza with Goat Cheese & Asparagus by Wholistic Woman
- Spring Power Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Crab and Asparagus Pasta by My Savory Spoon.com
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta by Soulfully Made
- Simple Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream by Cooking With Carlee
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Swordfish and Asparagus with Lentils and Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie by Books n’ Cooks
- Red Snapper in a Saffron-Tomato Broth with Artichoke Hearts & Potatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Salmon with Parsley Pesto and Peas by Cooking Chat
Veggies and Sides
- Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid by Crazed Mom
- Asparagus Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart by Sunday Supper Movement
- Herbed Lemon Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Microwave Carrots and Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Spring Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Shaved Asparagus Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!