Award season is in full swing, it’s the perfect time of the year to throw an elegant bash. Dress up, create some fun cocktails, and serve some fancy appetizers with your closest friends! This week our Sunday Supper tastemakers will be sharing fancy appetizer recipes to wow all your guests!
From the Tonys and Grammys to the Oscars and Emmys there are so many award shows this time of the year. Sure, you could watch them alone in your jammies, but why not throw a party instead? All the stars will be getting dressed up, so should you! The star of any party is the food, which is why our Sunday Supper tastemakers are sharing so many incredible fancy appetizer recipes this week!
Tips for Throwing an Award Show Party
- Make sure to have plenty of seating in front of the TV – everyone is going to want to see the awards. Make sure there’s a comfortable spot for everyone.
- Serve food conducive to your seating arrangement – if you’re going to be on the couch make sure the food doesn’t need a fork and knife. If your food does require utensils, get some TV trays or card tables to make eating easier.
- Have plenty of water – these shows can get long. In addition to cocktails, you want to make sure everyone will be able to hydrate.
- Set out lots of napkins – if you’re serving finger food especially. That way no one ends up wiping their fingers on your couch.
- Make it a game – Print out the categories and nominees and have everyone pick their favorites. See how they line up with the winners.
Appetizers are the first bite you serve, they set the tone for the night. Luckily, our Sunday Supper tastemakers have created an amazing list of fancy appetizer recipes and small bites for you. Everything from Oyster Rockefeller and crudos to some wine gummy bears to end your night! Join us Sunday, February 12th at 7pm for a twitter chat fit for the stars!
Fancy Appetizer Recipes
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Ham and Mustard Spirals by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by SundaySupper
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.