Your family is going to love our Easy Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken! Made from scratch with HOMEMADE alfredo sauce, this is a decadent and creamy pasta recipe perfect for dinner.
Wow, this recipe, you guys! I have tasted many fettuccine alfredo with chicken dishes in my life, but none of them have been this delicious. I am sold on homemade alfredo!
If you love alfredo sauce, chicken, and pasta, this chicken fettuccine recipe is MADE for you! A little decadent and rich, and a whole lotta good, this homemade fettuccine alfredo recipe will be your new favorite.
What is Fettuccine Alfredo?
Fettuccine alfredo is my love language. Kidding (but not really)! Actually, it is a pasta dish using fettuccine pasta and alfredo sauce.
It’s super thick, creamy, and rich from the butter and cream used in the sauce. This version of fettuccine alfredo with chicken is Americanized, but fettuccine alfredo is originally from Italy.
Traditionally, the Italian version is just butter and parmesan. However, over the years, as fettuccine alfredo made its way to America, the recipe evolved.
What is Alfredo Sauce?
To put it simply, alfredo sauce is a thick white sauce used in a variety of different dishes, like fettuccine alfredo.
While alfredo sauce began as a simple butter and Parmesan, over time, the recipe has been modernized to include more ingredients. We include Mozzarella and garlic in our alfredo sauce recipe, which adds so much flavor!
Ingredients for Fettucini Alfredo with Chicken
This recipe for fettuccine alfredo with chicken has a few simple ingredients:
- homemade alfredo sauce (you will need 2.5 cups)
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 12 oz. of dried fettuccine pasta
- parsley for serving
How easy is that! Chicken alfredo is a super simple dinner pasta recipe that comes together so easily.
You can find our recipe for homemade alfredo sauce just below. Making your own alfredo sauce from scratch makes a huge difference in the flavor of the dish. It takes only 15 minutes to make, but makes a huge difference in flavor!
We highly recommend making your own homemade alfredo for this creamy pasta recipe. The best part about making it yourself is that you can adjust it to your liking and you know exactly what ingredients go into making it!
How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken
- Melt butter in a skillet
- Add your chicken, cooking for 5-8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, or at an internal temperature of 165°F.
- How to make alfredo pasta: Prepare your fettuccine according to packet instructions. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water. Strain the pasta once it’s al dente (cooked, but still firm).
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour in your homemade alfredo sauce, and bring to a light simmer.
- Stir through the 1/2 cup of pasta water to thin the mixture.
- Add in the cooked fettuccine and stir until the pasta is coated.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!
Pasta alfredo with chicken is a really easy recipe to make. It’s perfect for a hearty lunch or dinner and makes great leftovers, too. If you want to mix things up, you could even use shrimp instead of chicken, or even leftover steak. Chop it up and add it to the pasta for a delicious steak pasta recipe!
We recommend making homemade alfredo sauce for your recipe. Try this guide on How to Make Alfredo Sauce for the recipe we use! It includes garlic and mozzarella cheese as well as the usual Parmesan, so it’s even more flavorful.
And trust us, it is so worth it! The difference in flavor from homemade alfredo instead of alfredo sauce in a jar is out of this world.
Can you make Chicken Alfredo ahead of time?
Cooked fettuccine with chicken can be made ahead of time and kept in an air-tight container for 3-5 days.
To freeze this recipe, I’d suggest keeping the sauce and cooked pasta in their own separate, air-tight containers. Undercook the pasta just slightly, so when do you reheat it, it won’t go mushy and soft.
What pairs well with alfredo sauce?
Creamy pasta like fettuccine alfredo pairs beautifully with a crisp white wine like a Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay. So do proteins like shrimp and chicken (hint, hint, you can make this fettuccine alfredo with shrimp!). We recommend white wine for this fettuccine with chicken.
You could also try these simple mixed drinks – they are our favorites!:
- Moscato Sangria (Moscato Wine Cocktail)
- Rose Sangria with Summer Berries
- Blueberry Fruity Sangria Recipe
For side dishes, we recommend a light side such as roasted veggies or even a salad. Here are some of our favorites:
- Foil Pack Potatoes (Foil Packet Potatoes)
- Easy Baked Crispy Potato Wedges
- Roasted Vegetables
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Fresh Vegetable Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
This homemade dinner pasta recipe is a restaurant-worthy dish, and it’s one of the easiest recipes you can make! Mix it up by using a different protein such as shrimp or steak. Although it wouldn’t be a fettuccine alfredo recipe without the fettuccine, you could even use a different kind of pasta for this creamy pasta recipe!
Fettuccine alfredo with chicken is perfect for a date night in, a family dinner, or a special occasion. It’s a versatile, delicious pasta recipe for dinner.
Looking for more easy dinner ideas?
Try these pasta recipes for dinner:
- Creamy Penne Pasta with Sliced Prime Rib – a must try!
- Rasta Pasta Recipe for Two
- Slow Cooker Beef Ragu (one of our very favorites!)
- Lasagna for Two
- Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe for Two
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Chicken
- Orzo Pasta Recipes
- One Pot Chicken Orzo Pasta
- Sausage and Kale Pasta Dinner for Two
- Chicken Glorioso Pasta Bake
- Comfort Food Pasta Recipes
- Homemade Bolognese Sauce with Pappardelle Pasta
- Mushroom Spinach Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
We would love to know what you think of this fettuccine alfredo with chicken! Leave a comment below and let us know how you liked the recipe.
Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 2 chicken breasts diced into bite size pieces
- 2.5 cups homemade Alfredo Sauce
- parsley to garnish
- Heat butter in a large skillet or fry pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature should be 165°F).
- Meanwhile, make the fettuccine according to the packet instructions. Set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water before straining the pasta.
- Pour in your Alfredo Sauce and bring to a simmer until the sauce is heated through. Add in the 1/2 cup of pasta water to thin the sauce.
- Toss through the strained pasta until the fettuccine is coated in the Alfredo Sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Get free recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
Thank you for joining the Sunday Supper family!
Something went wrong.