You’ll love this Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken! Easily made from scratch with HOMEMADE alfredo sauce, this is a decadent pasta recipe for dinner.
Wow, this recipe, you guys! I have had a lot of fettuccine alfredo with chicken in my life, but none of them have been as delicious as this homemade version.
If you love alfredo sauce, chicken, and pasta, this fettuccine alfredo with chicken is MADE for you! A little decadent and rich, and a whole lotta good, this homemade fettuccine alfredo recipe will be your new favorite.
What is Fettuccine Alfredo?
Fettuccine alfredo is my love language. Kidding (but not really)! Actually, fettuccine alfredo is a pasta dish using fettuccine pasta and alfredo sauce, which is a creamy cheese sauce usually made with Parmesan (not to be confused with a bechamel).
It’s super thick, creamy, and rich from the butter and cream used in the sauce. This version of fettuccine alfredo with chicken is a more Americanized version of the dish, but fettuccine alfredo originated in Italy way, way back.
Traditionally, the Italian version is just butter and parmesan. However, over the years, as fettuccine alfredo made its way to America, the recipe evolved.
What is in Fettuccine Alfredo?
This recipe for fettuccine alfredo with chicken has a few simple ingredients:
- homemade alfredo sauce
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 12 oz. of dried fettuccine pasta
- parsley for serving
How easy is that! Fettuccine alfredo with chicken is a super simple recipe that comes together so easily.
How do you make Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken?
Fettuccine alfredo with chicken is a really easy recipe to make. We recommend making homemade alfredo sauce for your fettuccine alfredo recipe. Try this guide on How to Make Alfredo Sauce for the recipe we use!
- Melt butter in a skillet and add your chicken, cooking for 5-8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, or at an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare your fettuccine according to packet instructions. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water. Strain the pasta once it’s al dente (cooked, but still firm).
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour in your homemade alfredo sauce, and bring to a light simmer.
- Stir through the 1/2 cup of pasta water to thin the mixture.
- Add in the cooked fettuccine and stir until the pasta is coated.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!
Can you make Fettuccine Alfredo ahead of time?
Cooked fettuccine alfredo with chicken can be made ahead of time and kept in an air-tight container for 3-5 days.
To freeze this recipe, I’d suggest keeping the sauce and cooked pasta in their own separate, air-tight containers. Undercook the pasta ever-so-slightly, so when do you reheat it, it won’t go mushy and soft.
What pairs well with fettuccine alfredo?
Fettuccine alfredo pairs beautifully with a crisp white wine like a Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay. Creamy pasta pairs well with white wines, and so do proteins like shrimp and chicken. So, for this fettuccine alfredo with chicken, white wine is recommended.
This fettuccine alfredo truly is a restaurant quality homemade recipe, and it’s one of the easiest recipes you can make! Fettuccine alfredo with chicken is perfect for a date night in, a family dinner, or a special occasion. It’s a versatile, delicious pasta recipe for dinner.
Looking for more easy dinner ideas? We can help you with that!
Try these pasta recipes for dinner:
- Rasta Pasta Recipe for Two
- Slow Cooker Beef Ragu (one of our very favorites!)
- Lasagna for Two
- Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe for Two
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Chicken
- Orzo Pasta Recipes
- One Pot Chicken Orzo Pasta
- Sausage and Kale Pasta Dinner for Two
- Chicken Glorioso Pasta Bake
- Comfort Food Pasta Recipes
- Homemade Bolognese Sauce with Pappardelle Pasta
- Mushroom Spinach Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
We would love to know what you think of this fettuccine alfredo with chicken! Leave a comment below and let us know how you liked the recipe.
Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 2 chicken breasts diced into bite size pieces
- 2.5 cups homemade Alfredo Sauce
- parsley to garnish
- Heat butter in a large skillet or fry pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature should be 165°F).
- Meanwhile, make the fettuccine according to the packet instructions. Set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water before straining the pasta.
- Pour in your Alfredo Sauce and bring to a simmer until the sauce is heated through. Add in the 1/2 cup of pasta water to thin the sauce.
- Toss through the strained pasta until the fettuccine is coated in the Alfredo Sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.