This Gluten Free Balsamic Chicken Wrap was originally shared for a Sunday Supper event. We are delighted to share it with you now for a deliciously quick Weekday Supper. Many thanks to T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley for this great recipe and his recommendations for gluten free tortillas. (See link below.)
I love a good wrap, which is hard to come by when you are gluten free. Earlier this week I posted some recommendations for gluten free tortillas. For this recipe I like to use the LaTortilla brand because it is the least likely to break and fall apart.
I love using balsamic vinegar with chicken, and this recipe does not disappoint. This recipe is a part of our Stuffed, Wrapped, or Rolled theme this month, and I’m so happy to be sharing it!
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 (26 ounce) container of chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup mixed greens
- 1 carrot
- ½ tomato
- ¼ bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 gluten free tortillas
- Pour the stock into a saucepan, and add the chicken, leaf, peppercorns, and garlic. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Place the greens into a medium bowl.
- Rinse the carrot and remove the skin and shred the carrot. Add the shredded carrot to the bowl.
- Dice the tomato and bell pepper, and add it to the bowl. Add the vinegar and oil and toss the salad.
- Shred the chicken and add it to the bowl.
- Split the filling in half and place on one end of each tortilla. Fold in the sides and roll tightly.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.