No more boring salads! Take your average dinner salad up several notches when you make this Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Chicken. Bursting with flavor, this salad is a delicious and satisfying meal! Light, fresh, & QUICK & EASY makes the perfect dinner salad any night of the week!
I think I’ve found my new pasta love!
Have you tried Orzo pasta before? It’s pretty amazing! It’s kind of like the risotto rice version of pasta, and I’m in love!
Orzo is a super versatile pasta and I love adding it to bulk up dishes, including this Greek Orzo Pasta Salad. Do you love a classic Greek salad as much as I do? They are loaded with flavor, but sometimes I just have to bulk it up a little bit to find it fulfilling. Orzo pasta is the perfect addition to make a salad more satisfying!
I hate salads that leave you hungry after just half an hour, and I can guarantee, this salad does not!
I made this for my husband the other night, and we had enough for both of us (decent sized portion, we were hungry) and enough for one lunch the next day.
The great thing about this salad though, is that it’s completely customizable. If you wanted to feed more than 4 people, you can easily add more tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta and olives, or and add in more chicken. That’s the great thing about salads, there’s no wrong way of doing it!
I also love the dressing that goes with it. While it’s not traditionally Greek, the honey mustard dressing adds a gorgeous creaminess to the salad and goes beautifully with the spices in the chicken, and tanginess of the flavors in the salad. It just balances out the sweetness enough to take it to the next level!
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Chicken Recipe Tips
- If you have time, marinate your chicken for a few hours, this lets the flavour really soak in!
- The dressing does not keep well. If you are eating all the salad at once, then add the dressing. If not, serve the salad, spoon over the dressing directly onto your plate then store for next use. I find the salad goes a little soggy if you leave the dressing on overnight.
- Mix and match the quantities according to your taste buds. I tend to add more cucumber because I love the freshness of it. I like olives in moderation, so tend to cut back a little as well.
Need More Delicious, Exciting Greek Style or Salad Recipes?
- I love the spring flavors of this Artichoke Salad!
- This Caprese Chicken Salad would be perfect for easy weeknight meals or meal prep!
- How pretty is this Wild Rice Salad with Strawberry! Great for your summer menu!
- I love this Panzanella Salad! So fresh and just a little bit fancy!
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup mini tomatoes diced
- 3/4 cup red pepper diced
- 4 oz cucumber diced
- 1/4 - 1/2 red onion very finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 3 oz feta
Preheat oven to 400F
Place chicken in a bowl with marinade ingredients and leave 1 hours or up to overnight.
Place chicken on a baking tray and cook 25 minutes, or until it has reached temperature.
Slice into thin pieces
Meanwhile, cook orzo according to packet instructions, orzo should be al dente.
Drain and start assembling the salad
To assemble, place the orzo on a large serving plate, and top with the red onion, red bell pepper, cucumber and tomatoes.
Add olives and chicken.
Top with feta cheese.
Make the dressing by combing the ingredients together in a jar and shaking until combined. Taste and adjust flavours as necessary.
Drizzle over dressing if serving immediately.
Orzo Pasta Recipes
- Beef with Onion Gravy Orzo by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Chicken by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Pot Italian Sausage Orzo with Spinach by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orzo Risotto with Asparagus and Shrimp by Delaware Girl Eats
- Orzo Salad with Watermelon and Feta by Positively Stacey
- Elegant Orzo Shrimp & Vegetable Salad Stuffed Avocados by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Orzo with Provencal Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Rice Pilaf Amandine by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Orzo, Mozzarella and Basil by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Southwestern Orzo by The Freshman Cook
- Stovetop Orzo Macaroni and Cheese by Pies and Plots
- Summer Vegetable Orzo Pasta Salad by My Fearless Kitchen