We love Caesar salad as a side dish, but add some steak and your Grilled Steak Caesar Salad becomes a main course, healthy and filling! Best of all, this is super easy, with the Caesar dressing doubling as the marinade for tender and flavorful steak.
We recommend Certified Angus Beef® brand for best results. This recipe was adapted from a Certified Angus Beef® brand recipe.
Grilled Steak Caesar Salad
- 2 strip steaks trimmed of excess fat, 1" thick and about 1 1/2 lbs. total
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing divided
- 2 hearts Romaine split lengthwise and core trimmed
- 1/2 head radicchio lettuce shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Put the steak in a zip-lock bag with 2/3 of the Caesar dressing. Close the bag and squeeze out the air. Refrigerate, marinating for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Remove steaks from the bags and discard the marinade. Grill steak to desired doneness and let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine lettuce, radicchio, and croutons with the remaining Caesar dressing. Add the steak, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.