Summer vacation is quickly coming to an end. Every year back to school seems to happen sooner and sooner. Time to start planning ahead! Make sure your kids are starting the year on the right foot, or stomach! Kids can’t focus when they’re hungry, so our Sunday Supper recipes this week are all about hot lunch ideas.
Sandwiches are easy to throw into a lunch box, but they can get boring day after day. Of course, you can always send in lunch money, but how do you know all that money isn’t going for ice cream and snacks? Get the best of both worlds by packing your kids a hot lunch! Grab a thermos and check out these tasty hot lunch ideas!
1. When it comes to hot lunch day at school, pizza is king. But instead of greasy cafeteria pizza pack your kids a healthier pizza with this FatHead Pizza Crust Recipe from the Wholesome Yum.
2. Nothing makes planning lunch easier than a one pot meal. This One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese from our Sunday Supper Collections is easy to make, but super cheesy and delicious!
3. Pack a piping hot soup with this Souper BLT recipe from the Sunday Supper Movement. Just be sure to pack the croutons on the side so they’ll stay nice and crispy!
5. While leftover Chinese food is easy to throw into a lunch box, it’s so much tastier when you make it at home! Leftovers of this Quick Spicy Chicken Chow Mein from Easy Cooking with Molly are the perfect hot lunch idea!
6. Taco ‘Bout a tasty lunch. This 20 Minute Taco Pasta from The Life Jolie is easy to whip together the night before and is a great hot lunch idea for sneaking in some extra veggies with tomatoes, corn, and beans!
7. Bowls are all the rage in the foodie world, so why not bring them for a hot lunch! This Thai Style Chicken Buddha Bowl from our Sunday Supper Recipe Collection is perfect for your more adventurous eaters!
11. Want to really plan ahead? How about some Freezer English Muffin Mini Pizzas from Simple Seasonal? You can stock pile them for the busy nights you don’t have time to pack lunch. The best part? This recipe is so easy the kids can make them!
For even more hot lunch ideas be sure to join our twitter chat this Sunday, August 6th, at 7pm EST.The Sunday Supper recipes will have lots of easy lunch recipes to make back to school a breeze!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.