Summer vacation is quickly coming to an end. Every year back to school seems to happen sooner and sooner. Time to start planning ahead! Make sure your kids are starting the year on the right foot, or stomach! Kids can’t focus when they’re hungry, so our Sunday Supper recipes this week are all about hot lunch ideas.
Sandwiches are easy to throw into a lunch box, but they can get boring day after day. Of course, you can always send in lunch money, but how do you know all that money isn’t going for ice cream and snacks? Get the best of both worlds by packing your kids a hot lunch! Grab a thermos and check out these tasty hot lunch ideas!
1. When it comes to hot lunch day at school, pizza is king. But instead of greasy cafeteria pizza pack your kids a healthier pizza with this FatHead Pizza Crust Recipe from the Wholesome Yum.
2. Nothing makes planning lunch easier than a meal cooked in one pot. This One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese from our Sunday Supper Collection is easy to make, but super cheesy and delicious!
3. Pack a piping hot soup with this Souper BLT recipe from the Sunday Supper Movement. Just be sure to pack the croutons on the side so they’ll stay nice and crispy!
5. While leftover Chinese food is easy to throw into a lunch box, it’s so much tastier when you make it at home! Leftovers of this Quick Spicy Chicken Chow Mein from Easy Cooking with Molly are the perfect hot lunch idea!
6. Taco ‘Bout a tasty lunch. This 20 Minute Taco Pasta from The Life Jolie is easy to whip together the night before and is a great hot lunch idea for sneaking in some extra veggies with tomatoes, corn, and beans!
7. Bowls are all the rage in the foodie world, so why not bring them for a hot lunch! This Thai Style Chicken Buddha Bowl from our Sunday Supper Recipe Collection is perfect for your more adventurous eaters!
11. Want to really plan ahead? How about some Freezer English Muffin Mini Pizzas from Simple Seasonal? You can stockpile them for the busy nights you don’t have time to pack lunch. The best part? This recipe is so easy the kids can make them!
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.