Is there anything better than relaxing on a hot summer day with an ice cold drink? We think it’s better when it’s simple mixed drinks that you can whip together in a few minutes! For this week’s Sunday Supper recipes we’re sharing easy recipes and tips on how to make mixed drinks so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time relaxing.
Something about a refreshing mixed drink can transport you to a vacation. Even when you’re sitting in a hot apartment, if you’re sipping this Frozen Tropical Fruit and Rum Cocktail you feel like you’re at a tiki bar! This Bourbon Peach Sweet Tea transports you to a rocking chair on a wrap around porch on a hot Georgia day. Want to be relaxing by a pool? Then just whip up a batch of Citrus Sangria! The amount of instant vacations you can take this summer are endless! All you need are a few simple mixed drink recipes and you’re good to go!
Tips on How To Make Mixed Drinks for Summer
- Everything’s better homemade! Making simple syrups at home is so easy and adds so much flavor to your mixed drinks. Just boil equal parts sugar and water, and you can infuse anything into it! If you’re trying to avoid refined sugars you can also sweeten your drink with a honey simple syrup!
- Bubbles please! There is something about the kick of carbonation that really makes a refreshing summer mixed drink. Soda is the obvious choice for adding those bubbles, but sparkling water also works wonders for a light and bright drink!
- Be creative! Not all your party guests may want alcohol. It’s always good to have nonalcoholic simple mixed drinks on hand. Fruit juices are a great base for mocktails. A refreshing mocktail is a great way to stay hydrated during the hot summer months.
- Don’t forget that acid! A splash of acidity is so important in a balanced mixed drink recipe. Fight the cloying sweetness of your homemade simple syrup with a splash of citrus!
- Give it your own flare! What’s your go to secret ingredient that keeps your party guests on their toes? For me, I love to add herbs to my simple mixed drinks – basil, mint, and rosemary all make some refreshing mixed drinks. Or perhaps you’d rather spice yours up? Turmeric and cayenne are becoming more and more popular in beverages. Looking for a subtle summer flavor? Add some fresh fennel to your simple syrup! The possibilities for the perfect summer mixed drinks are endless!
- Make it interactive! Instead of acting as bartender all night, set up a fun beverage station. This way you can relax and your guests can control their on cocktails. Check out this handy guide on how to create a summer beverage station!
We’ll be sharing even more tips on how to make mixed drinks during our #SundaySupper twitter chat, July 9th at 7pmEST. There will be so many delicious Sunday Supper recipes for inspiration. The tastemakers are sharing everything from Cucumber Mojitos to Pink Lemonade Sangria!
Learn how to make mixed drinks with this handy guide that includes our most delicious Sunday Supper recipes for refreshing summer beverages! This guide has everything you need to serve the tastiest cocktails and mocktails at all your summer parties! Our simple mixed drinks will keep your friends and family cool all summer long! #SundaySupper
For even more inspiration check out these Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.