Dealing with picky eaters isn’t always fun. Which is why this week our Sunday Supper tastemakers are sharing their best Kid Friendly Vegetable Recipes. This list of Sunday Supper recipes has everything you need to sneak veggies into your kid’s diet.
National Eat Your Veggies Day is around the corner, June 17th, to be exact. Sunday Supper we don’t believe in needing a holiday to enjoy vegetables though. Veggies are such an important part of a balanced diet. While a beautiful steak with sautéed asparagus may sound perfect to you, it may make your kids roll their eyes. With these kid approved vegetable recipes, your kids will gobble up those veggies without complaints.
Ways to Sneak Veggies into Your Kid’s Daily Diet
- Breakfast – Often breakfast is a grain-heavy meal, but that doesn’t mean you can’t sneak those veggies in! Leftover dinner veggies are great to add to scrambled eggs. Just roll them a tortilla to make a healthy breakfast burrito. If you’ve got a kiddo that can’t stand the sight of veggies, add them to a delicious smoothie!
- Lunch – Most kids I know aren’t going to eat a big salad for lunch. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get those veggies in! Quesadillas are great to pack in lunch boxes, and these steak quesadillas are filled with peppers and onions! If you have a more adventurous eater, try to swap out a sandwich for a healthy lettuce wrap!
- Snacks – Most kids can’t get through the day without a snack. The best way to add vegetables to snack time is by planning ahead. When you’ve got fresh veggies prepped in the fridge snack time is a breeze. Ants on a log is a great way to get some celery into their diet. Making a tasty dip like, Cuban Sandwich Dip is a perfect way to get them gobbling up some raw veggies! Just keep some cleaned and cut veggies in the fridge so a healthy snack is always only a minute away!
- Dinner – A vegetable is a key component to dinner. However, the kids can sometimes disagree. Sometimes you’ve got to be sneaky. Recipes like this vegetable mac and cheese or vegetable shepherd’s pie have all the comforting flavors kids love with all the nutrients of vegetables!
For even more kid friendly vegetable recipes, join our twitter chat on June 11th and 7pmEST. Our tastemakers will be sharing everything from zucchini muffins to healthy homemade taquitos. It’s going to be a vegetastic chat. Be sure to bring your sneakiest kid friendly vegetable recipes so we can learn more tricks! Follow the hashtag #SundaySupper to join in the fun!
Sunday Supper Kid Friendly Vegetable Recipes
- Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Kid Sized Smoothies by The Freshman Cook
- Sweet Potato Crust Quiche by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Muffins with Veggie Cream Cheese by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken and Broccoli Shells and Cheese by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Eat Your Veggies Beef Tacos by Simple and Savory
- Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce for Orange Orzo by Caroline’s Cooking
- Veggie Ramen by NinjaBaker.com
- Broccoli Tots by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheesy Cauliflower by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Kid-Friendly Baked Potato Fries by Hardly A Goddess
- Salad on a Stick by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Zuppa di Ravioli by Gourmet Everyday
- Dairy Free Veggie Ice Pops by Our Good Life
- Healthy Homemade Taquitos by Cricket’s Confections
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies by A Mind Full Mom
- Veggie Egg Rolls by My Savory Spoon
For even more kid friendly vegetables check out these Vegetable Recipes for Picky Eaters by The Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!