It’s no secret that we love beef here at Sunday Supper. It’s one of our favorite proteins. What we don’t love is the reputation beef has gotten as an unhealthy protein, when in reality it can be such a healthy choice. This week we’ve challenged our Sunday Supper tastemakers to give us their best Lean Beef Recipes.
When it comes to Sunday Supper we’re all about fun, flavorful dishes. There are so many incredible cuts of lean beef. We love everything from ground beef, to filet mignon, to a lean chuck roast. You can create so many versatile meals with lean beef, making it a perfect Sunday Supper protein. With January in full swing you can stay on your New Year’s diet while enjoying delicious meals with these lean beef recipes.
- Three ounces of lean beef has more iron than 2 ¾ cups of spinach.
- Lean ground beef has fewer calories than ground turkey with 162 calories in three ounces of ground beef to 176 calories in three ounces of ground turkey.
- Lean ground beef also has less fat than ground turkey: 7.5 grams for three ounces of beef and 9.7 grams for ground turkey.
- Beef is a great source of 10 essential nutrients: iron, choline, protein, selenium, vitamins B6 and B12, zinc, phosphorus, niacin, and riboflavin.
- A 3-ounce serving of lean beef provides your body with 25 grams of protein, which is half your daily protein needs.
- Research shows that lean beef consumed regularly, with exercise can help improve cholesterol levels
In addition to all the health benefits, beef is simply delicious! Our tastemakers have gone all out with their recipes this week everything from Ground Spaghetti and Meatball Soup to Chile Lime Flank Steak Tacos. Be sure to check out all the recipes and tweet along with us for #SundaySupper at 7 p.m. EST on January 8th.
Appetizers, Soups, and Salads
- Baked Kibbeh with Yogurt Sauce by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Wedding Soup by Hardly A Goddess
- Lighter Tex-Mex Albondigas Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spaghetti and Meatball Soup by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Taco Salad Wonton Cups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Thai Steak Salad with Noodles by Positively Stacey
- Warm Steak Salad by Food Done Light
Lean Ground Beef Recipes
- Cheeseburger Stew by Our Good Life
- Cheesesteak Bruschetta by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Clean Eating Sloppy Joes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Old Fashioned Porcupine Meatballs by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Shepherd’s Pie by Simple and Savory
- Smothered Hamburger Steaks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spaghetti Squash with Chili by Recipes Food and Cooking
- BBQ Filet Beef Tips by The Freshman Cook
- Beef Broccoli Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Beef Ddukboki (Non-Spicy Sautéed Korean Rice Cakes) by kimchi MOM
- Beef Steak Fajitas by Asian In America
- Beef Vegetable Stir-Fry by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Black Pepper Beef with Broccoli and Noodles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Sriracha Beef Cauliflower Rice Bowls by Family Foodie
- Skinny Beef Enchiladas with Creamy Avocado Sauce by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
Sandwiches and Wraps
- Asian Steak Lettuce Wraps by The Chef Next Door
- My Big Lean Greek Beef Wrap by Go Epicurista
- Slow Cooker Tuscan French Dips by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps by Pies and Plots
- Spicy Beef Tacos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak and Eggs Wraps by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Baked Chicken Fried Steak by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Chile Lime Flank Steak Tacos by The Redhead Baker
- Filet Mignon with Roasted Vegetable Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Flank Steak Roulades by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Flank Steak with Chimichurri by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Garlic Sirloin Steak with Rosemary by Cooking Chat
- Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 p.m. ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.