Who says you can’t eat cake on a keto diet? Today we’re whipping up a Low Carb Cake topped with a strawberry glaze and fresh whipped cream. This low carb cake recipe is my twist on strawberries and cream for Wimbledon.
Strawberries and Cream for Wimbledon
Along with watching Wimbledon and enjoying a Pimm’s Cup Cocktail, strawberries are an essential summer treat in England. As a matter-of-fact, strawberries and cream has been a Wimbledon Tradition since the first tournament in 1877! Back then there were only around 200 attendees! Nowadays there’s a whole lot more than that hahaha.
At Wimbledon, freshly picked, sweet strawberries are served with thick cream poured over the top. The cream is neither sweetened nor whipped! This simple dessert is a refreshing summer treat that is best enjoyed within minutes of being made. It really doesn’t get much easier than strawberries and cream for dessert!
Low Carb Cake with Strawberry Glaze
Strawberries and cream such as is enjoyed at Wimbledon is so easy to make. You simply wash and hull strawberries and pour fresh cream over the beautiful berries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
It’s a very easy dessert, but because I don’t like to be a plain Jane, I decided to put a little flair on this traditional low carb dish. I decided to spice it up and take the core features of strawberries and cream and put them center stage with a low carb cake based on the one from Healthy Sweet Eats which is out of this world!
I changed up the low carb cake recipe slightly by omitting the almond extract and increasing the vanilla extract to 2 tsp instead of 1.5 tsp. Then I added the delicious strawberry glaze and served with freshly whipped cream. This low carb cake is a real treat even if you aren’t following a low carb keto diet.
Other Strawberry recipes you may enjoy
- Strawberry and cream cheese pastries (for those who enjoy a little bit more carbs )
- Chocolate Berry Truffle Smoothie
- Strawberry Dump Cake with Bananas
- Strawberry Dole Whip
Any of these strawberry recipes would go perfect with cream! Yum!
**** PIN this Low Carb Cake with Strawberry Glaze to save for later ****
Strawberries and Cream Cake for Wimbledon
For the cake
- Coconut oil spray
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons granulated erythritol
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For The Glaze
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated erythritol
- 15 drops stevia extract
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup cream
- 5 drops liquid stevia extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F; line a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper so it hangs over all 4 sides (so you can lift the cake out later). Lightly spray the inside with coconut oil.
- Cream together the butter and erythritol, and then whisk in the eggs, vanilla extract, and stevia glycerite.
- Whisk together the almond flour, flaxseed meal, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet all at once.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out. Bake until the cake is puffed and golden brown along the outside, about 25 to 32 minutes.
- Cool and then cut into 8 pieces.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 1 week.
For the glaze
- In a sauce pan combine water, erthryitol, and stevia
- Cook until slow boil. Then add diced strawberries.
- Simmer till slow bubbles and let reduce for about 10 minutes, till honey consistency.
- Pour jam mixture over hot cake.
- Let cake cool completely
- In a medium bowl add cream, stevia and vanilla extract.
- Whip until soft peaks are formed
- Add a dollop on top of cake
Low carb lovers rejoice! This strawberry and cream cake is great for dessert, birthdays and any special occasion.