This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Turn your favorite elote recipe into the perfect party side dish with our Mexican Street Corn Casserole! Using only simple ingredients including fresh or frozen corn, chipotle seasoning, and green onions, this flavorful and easy dish will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Mexican Corn Casserole
My family is wild about this recipe for Mexican corn casserole. Ever since we first gave elote a try, I have been looking for new ways to make and share it with everyone. And what better way to share than with an easy casserole recipe?
Mexican corn casserole is perfect for serving up as a side dish for a party like a potluck or a backyard BBQ. It’s so simple to make and cooks up in no time in your oven. This is the easiest prep work ever for a casserole!
Just mix the ingredients together in a dish and bake it – that’s it. No extra steps are required. Once you try my Mexican street corn casserole recipe, I know you’ll love it!
I tried it! It came out AMAZING! Simple, Easy, Spicy, and a great side dish for our Taco Night.Elizabeth on Pinterest
What is Mexican Street Corn
Mexican street corn, also known as Elote or Elotes Mexicanos, is popular street food in Mexico that has become very popular in the U.S. for its incredible taste. It’s typically sold on the cob or in a cup and consists of corn with herbs, spices, lime, mayonnaise, and cheese like queso fresco.
Mexican Corn Casserole Ingredients
- frozen corn or fresh if preferred
- chipotle pepper ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions chopped, reserve some for garnish
- Parmesan cheese
- lime wedges for garnish
- hot sauce to taste, optional
How to Make Mexican Street Corn Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, salt and pepper, and green onions until well combined.
- Spoon corn casserole into a 9×13-inch baking dish greased with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the dish.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, then uncovered for another 20 minutes.
- Add reserved green onion, lime juice, and hot sauce if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Fast easy delicious! My family said it was the best part of taco Tuesday.Teresa on Pinterest
Street Corn Casserole FAQs
I use frozen corn in this recipe, but you can use fresh corn off the cob if you prefer, or even drained canned corn. If you’re using fresh corn, grilled corn is the best for this recipe. Try grilling corn on the cob in foil.
To make this recipe extra easy, I use Parmesan cheese, which is similar to Mexican cotija cheese. However, you can also use queso fresco.
What to Serve with Elote Casserole
Mexican corn casserole is one of the best side dishes for pairing with beef and pork dishes. It pairs well with everything from tacos and fajitas to carne picada and grilled steak.
- Pork Butt on Grill
- Short Ribs on the Grill
- Chicken Birria Tacos
- Espetada Madeira (Portuguese Style Skewers)
- Carne Picada
- Chicken Fajitas
Made this tonight as another side option. And it was amazing!Jacqulin from Pinterest
Best Corn Recipes
- Elote Recipe
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob with elote seasoning
- Mexican Dip
- Corn Ribs – try it with Elote seasoning!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Mexican Street Corn Casserole
- 9×13-inch baking dish
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together corn, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, salt and pepper, and green onions until well-combined.6 cups frozen corn, 1 cup mayonnaise, 2 tsp. chipotle pepper, salt and pepper, 1 bunch green onions, hot sauce
- Spoon corn casserole into a 9×13-inch baking dish greased with nonstick spray. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the dish.½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, then uncovered for another 20 minutes. Add reserved green onion, lime juice, and hot sauce if desired. Serve and enjoy!lime wedges