It’s almost Mother’s Day! In honor of all our favorite mamas this week the tastemakers are sharing their favorite Mother’s Day Food Ideas. This list of Sunday Supper recipes has everything you need for the perfect Mother’s Day.
Homemade cards and presents are always nice on Mother’s Day. But at Sunday Supper, we believe the best Mother’s Day gift is a family meal. No matter how old you are, you’ve never too old to tell your mother you love her. So even if you’re grown, don’t forget to give your mom a call. If you’re a mama, spend the day pampering yourself before sitting down to enjoy one of the Sunday Supper Recipes from our Mother’s Day food ideas!
Ways to Pamper Yourself on Mother’s Day
- Sleep in! For once turn off that alarm. Let yourself wake up naturally. Your body with thank you!
- Enjoy your breakfast. Does breakfast often consist of coffee you keep having to reheat in the microwave or scraps off your kid’s plate? Change that! Make something for YOU! Your kids wouldn’t like these Baked Eggs in Salsa? Well, today is about you, so make it!
- Get outside. Spring weather is beautiful; take some time to enjoy it. Perhaps a picnic at the park, or maybe a walk around the neighborhood. Take some time to take in nature, either by yourself for some clarity, or as a fun family activity!
- Let someone else do the shopping. If you want to hit a mall, sounds fun. But grocery shopping? Leave it to someone else today. Sit back and relax while you send your spouse or older children off with the grocery list.
- Most importantly – enjoy a family meal together! At Sunday Supper we believe family dinner is the best part of any day, but especially on Mother’s Day. Gather around with the people who made you a mother and celebrate around the table. Try some Sunday Supper recipes like: balsamic glazed salmon with strawberry salsa or beef kofta with tzatziki sauce. For even more inspiration be sure to check on the Sunday Supper Recipes for Mother’s Day Food Ideas at the bottom of the post.
After a day of pampering this Mother’s Day, May 14th, we hope you’ll join us for a twitter chat at 7pmEST. We will be discussing the best easy Mother’s Day Food Ideas! You don’t want to miss out on the fun. Our Sunday Supper recipes include everything from Japanese Chicken Curry to Cuban Espresso Dark Chocolate Cake with Salted Dulce De Leche Frosting!
Sunday Supper Mother’s Day Food Ideas
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Cake by Pies and Plots
- Toasted Almond Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies by Helpful Homemade
- Triple Chocolate Strawberry Cake Truffles by The Freshman Cook
- White Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate-Filled Snickerdoodles by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Double Pork Stuffed Pork Roast by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Stuffed Caprese Chicken by My World Simplified
- Japanese Chicken Curry by What Smells So Good?
- Lightened-Up Shrimp Scampi by My Savory Spoon
Sides and Salads
- Mom’s Easy Clam Dip by Cricket’s Confections
- Salmon and Capers Panzanella Salad by And She Cooks
- Swedish Creamy Potato Casserole (Jansson’s Frestelse) by Sunday Supper Movement
- Berry Chantilly Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Blackberry Cobbler with Brown Sugar Pecan Biscuits by Soulfully Made
- Lemon Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries by Our Good Life
- Lemon Cooler by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mom’s Southwest Georgia Pound Cake by Family Around The Table
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote by Wholistic Woman
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!