A hearty weekday meal doesn’t have to take forever to make, or come out of a box. This One Pot Mexican Chicken Pasta is hearty and bursting with all of your favorite Mexican flavors, plus it will be done and on your table in 30 minutes. With the added bonus of fewer dishes to clean it is a win/win in my book any day!
This recipe was first published in full on the blog Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cooked shredded chicken (I used leftover Poblano Chicken, but store-bought rotisserie is good)
- 2 heaping tablespoons taco seasoning can use store-bought low-sodium
- 8 ounces uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 cups salsa can use store bought
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can 15 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 can 15 ounce black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the shredded chicken and taco seasoning.
- Stir to coat the chicken and to warm it a bit, then add the pasta, salsa, chicken broth and crushed tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cover until pasta is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn and black beans, and gently toss to combine.
- Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the corn and beans are heated through.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, just until melted through.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.