One Pot Pork and Chorizo with rice makes a delicious #WeekdaySupper your whole family will love, with very little washing up to do! This recipe was first published in full on the blog Family Foodie. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
I always say that the family table can be anywhere. While I cherish all those moments around our kitchen table and those special occasions in our dining room, sometimes Sundays are made to be in the family room. This is especially true in our home during Football Season. When certain teams play, I have a hard time tearing Ron, the boys and their friends away from the family room. Never mind trying to get them to clean up after dinner. This is the time of year that “One Pot” recipes come into play and my family requests their favorite One Pot Pork and Chorizo over and over.
- 2 pounds pork cubes
- 2 small chorizo or if you can get Portuguese chourico, even better
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup red wine or Portuguese Vinho Tino
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Line a large skillet with the olive oil
- Add the pork cubes and the garlic and saute on medium heat
- Slice the chorizo into thin slices
- Add the chorizo and saute until the pork is a medium brown
- Stir in the paprika and rice. Continue stirring until the rice is well coated
- Stir in the tomato sauce and the wine
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil
- As soon as the stock reaches boiling point, reduce heat to low and cover
- Cook on low heat for approximately 30 minutes or until the rice is soft and fluffy
- Stir the mixture and serve in the pot or on a large platter
This recipe was inspired by Vo-Vo’s original Portuguese Pork and Chorizo. You can’t go wrong with either recipe. They are both delish!
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.