In honor of the Fourth of July, our United States Independence Day, the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are bringing to you 40+ Patriotic Recipes that are easy to make and show our patriotism!
We Americans express our devotion and support for our country every Fourth of July, starting with the very first fireworks which were set off on July 4th, 1777. Independence celebrations are sometimes large city-organized gatherings or small family reunions but most involve food. The best part is always the end of the day, a celebration in the sky with beautiful, awe inspiring (and loud) fireworks!
As a young girl, I remember watching fireworks with my family for the holiday. One year fireworks were held in a large field. As dusk began to fall, Dad opened the hatchback of our little car and my brothers and I squeezed in the back to watch the beautiful lights go off in the sky. I remember squealing with delight at the gorgeous flashes of light in addition to placing our hands over our ears to dull the loud booms that followed.
Fast forward to 1986, my oldest son was not quite a year old when we took him to the local fairgrounds to see the fireworks display. The loud noises made my baby unhappy, but lights in the sky caught his attention distracting him from the fear of the loud boom! Twenty years later my family moved on to camping and celebrating the Fourth at the campgrounds. We circle the fire roasting marshmallows and making s’mores and in the evening enjoy the fireworks display over the lake. Making special 4th of July memories fills my heart and makes me happy that we are living in the land of the free!
With all the celebrating going on, we need easy to make, delicious, and recipes! Grumpy’s very favorite recipe for me to make is my Red, White, and Blueberry Pie. This tradition is a must-have every year for the last 16 years in our home! This week our Sunday Supper Tastemakers will share their easiest recipes, showing their patriotism with dishes like Flag Fruit Pizza from Dash of Evans, Firecracker Muddy Buddies from The Bitter Side of Sweet and Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings. Be sure to check out the list of recipes below for many more ideas!
Have a happy, delicious Fourth of July!
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.