If you are looking for an easy yet beautiful snack or dessert, try this award-winning strawberry blueberry chocolate hazelnut flatbread. And read on to find out more about the PMA Fresh Summit Convention and the Sensory Experience Contest.
We had a very exciting weekend in California for the PMA Fresh Summit Convention! Not only were we able to visit with some of the amazing brands Sunday Supper works with, but we took part in the Sensory Experience Contest for the second year in a row.
Our founder Isabel created an incredibly scrumptious recipe for Wish Farms. She combined chocolate hazelnut spread with strawberries, blueberries, and white chocolate atop a crispy flatbread. You can never go wrong when berries and chocolate hazelnut spread are involved! Two panels of judges, students as well as industry experts and buyers, sampled all 10 of the finalists’ recipes. Taste, aroma, and presentation were the main criteria.
We were incredibly pleased to be named the Kid’s Choice award winner for the 2014 contest! Partnering with Wish Farms‘ incredible strawberries and blueberries led us to victory with the young judges!
If you’d like to experience the recipe in your home, you can follow the recipe below. It would make a fabulous after school snack or dessert.
- 2 flatbreads
- ½ cup hazelnut chocolate spread
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 4 squares of white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
- Sprinkle of Hawaiian sea salt or sea salt of choice (optional)
- Additional strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place flatbread on a pizza or cookie sheet. Bake for two minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread chocolate on the flatbread.
- Lay strawberries and blueberries on top.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the white chocolate and make little curlies.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds (optional) and Hawaiian sea salt (optional).
- Cut each flatbread into 3 sections and serve.
- Garnish with additional strawberries.