Pressure Cooker Mexican Beef Rice is a speedy, healthy, and one pot meal with a fiesta of flavors. Serve it as Southwestern rice bowls or lettuce wraps.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (Hatch chile powder recommended)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed well and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Cheddar, or 4 Cheese Mexican blend)
- Boston lettuce (optional for serving)
If you’re looking for more quick and easy Weekday Supper recipes, check out our current Weekday Supper Menu, or drop by our Weekday Supper Pinterest board for more ideas!
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are those of the individual bloggers.