This quick potato soup topped is an easy, comforting, kid-approved recipe that is sure to warm you up on a chilly evening. It’s bumped up a notch or three by the addition of roasted cauliflower. This recipe was first published in full on the blog MealDiva. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A good pinch of salt and pepper
- 6-8 yellow fleshed potatoes (like Yukon gold) peeled and cubed into small, bite sized pieces
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of potato soup, no water added
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese
- Black pepper to taste (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until they are browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, combine potatoes, broth and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 12 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a blender (make sure soup is cool enough to handle) or immersion hand-held blender, blend soup until smooth and creamy.
- Return to the stove and add the cream of potato soup, cheddar cheese and cream cheese, stirring until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with roasted cauliflower. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.