Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
This quick potato soup topped is an easy, comforting, kid-approved recipe that is sure to warm you up on a chilly evening. It’s bumped up a notch or three by the addition of roasted cauliflower.
Quick Potato Soup with Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower head cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A good pinch of salt and pepper
- 6-8 yellow fleshed potatoes like Yukon gold peeled and cubed into small, bite sized pieces
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 10 ounce can cream of potato soup, no water added
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- Black pepper to taste if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until they are browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, combine potatoes, broth and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 12 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a blender (make sure soup is cool enough to handle) or immersion hand-held blender, blend soup until smooth and creamy.
- Return to the stove and add the cream of potato soup, cheddar cheese and cream cheese, stirring until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with roasted cauliflower. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.