If you are on the lookout for some new recipes for summer grilling, you’ve come to the right place! The #SundaySupper Tastemakers are sharing over 25 delectable recipes for summer grilling this week and we are so excited about it!
As warmer weather starts to settle in across the country, neighborhoods are taken over by the unmistakable aroma of something smoking and sizzling in the backyard barbecue. Can you smell it? Mmmmm! From Memorial Day to Labor Day, there are celebrations aplenty that are synonymous with summer grilling.
Do you know the difference between grilling and barbecuing? Most people, including myself, use the words interchangeably, but there is a difference between the two according to Gary Wiviott author of “Low & Slow: Master the Art of Barbecue in 5 Easy Lessons.” Grilling is “hot and fast” and barbecue is “low and slow.” Traditionally, cuts of tough meat that are fatty and full of connective tissue are cooked low and slow to allow the fat to render and the slow heat to break down the connective tissue, resulting in a tender end product. You may also find barbecue often involves burning some sort of wood during the cooking process. The smoke from the burning wood infuses a smokey flavor in the food being cooked. While cuts of meat like pork shoulder and pork ribs are barbecued, foods like hamburgers and hot dogs are just simply grilled.
What do we like to grill? You can literally cook just about anything on the grill! From appetizers to desserts, you will find recipes for summer grilling in just about any category imaginable. Did you know you can even grill salads and pizza? The burger, however, leads the pack as the most popular item to grill with steaks coming in a close second.
Here’s a fun fact about grilling for you! Did you know that BBQ grills have been in the White House since the days of Thomas Jefferson? The very first barbecue party was thrown by Lyndon B. Johnson during his term as president and featured Texas-Style BBQ ribs. President Johnson loved grilling so much, he had BBQ grills installed on the White House roof!
Grilling and barbecuing are a big part of our culture and a very popular way to get Sunday Supper on the table during the summer months, so naturally, the #SundaySupper Tastemakers are excited to share this week’s fabulous collection of recipes for summer grilling! With titles like Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream Sauce from Grumpy’s Honeybunch and Grilled Blueberry Cobbler from That Skinny Chick Can Bake, this is one tasty event you do not want to miss!
Join the fun at 7 p.m. ET Sunday via our live weekly Twitter chat! Until then, check out all the tasty Recipes for Summer Grilling our #SundaySupper Tastemakers are bringing to the table and leave a comment letting us know what you will bring too.
- Grilled Peach and Pineapple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Let’s Get This BBQ Started!
- Bruschetta with Grilled Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa by Taste And See
- Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
The Main Event
- Bison Sliders with Special Sauce by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinated Grilled Steak by Books n’ Cooks
- Buffalo Wing Burger by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chicken Mazatlan by Palatable Pastime
- Greek Lamb Burgers by Positively Stacey
- Grilled Avocado with Confetti Shrimp Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Shrimp Corn Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Duck with a Red Wine Reduction by Monica’s Table
- Grilled London Broil Steak Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Pork and Pineapple Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Ribeye with Simple Spice Rub by Cooking Chat
- Grilled Salami Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Grilled Honey Balsamic Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Orange Tomato Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Strawberry Mango Salsa by simple and savory
- Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops by My World Simplified
- How to Grill Salmon and Shrimps in Banana Leaves by Asian In America
- Lemon Herbed Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Momma’s Meals
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Ever!! by A Day in the Life on the Farm
On a Side Note
- Easy Garlicky Grilled Polenta by She Loves Biscotti
- Easy Grilled Artichokes by April Golightly
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Manchego Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Cantaloupe Salad with Queso Fresco and Herbs by Cooking With Carlee
- Grilled Corn with Herb Butter by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad by Cookin’ Mimi
Saucy Sentiments and Rebellious Rubs
- Homemade Burger Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Coffee Steak Rub by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Grilled Banana Boats by Our Good Life
- Grilled Blueberry Cobbler by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Dessert Pizza by Baking Sense
- Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Sorbet by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Strawberry & Blue Basil Granita by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Super Simple Grilled Peaches by And She Cooks
Plus Piri Piri Sauce and Recipes for Summer Grilling from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement