Milk is not just for the cereal bowl! It is a versatile ingredient that can be used in your daily cooking routine from breakfast to dessert and everything in between. This week we’ve partnered with Florida Dairy Farmers to bring you Sunday Supper Recipes Using Milk for June Dairy Month. We also have a fun photo contest with weekly prizes and a grand prize that’s easy to enter, so keep reading!!
Florida Dairy Farmers
Florida Dairy Farmers are committed to delivering wholesome dairy products straight from their farms to your fridge. For generations, Florida’s more than 100 dairy farming families have remained true to their values and commitment to producing a fresh supply of quality milk. These hardworking men and women are caretakers of their cows, stewards of the land and leaders in their communities. Click here > to meet some of Florida’s dairy farm families.
Florida Dairy Cows
Dairy farming is an important industry in Florida. Did you know Florida is home to more than 120 thousand dairy cows who collectively produce over 270 million gallons of fresh milk each year?! The most common breed of dairy cow in Florida is the Holstein. They are also the most recognizable of the dairy breeds as Holsteins are typically black and white with clearly defined markings. Florida is also home to the Milking Shorthorn, Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, and Jersey breeds. To learn more about the hardworking Florida dairy cows and see adorable photos, Click here > to meet the cows.
Milk is often referred to as “nature’s most perfect food,” All dairy milk provides nine essential nutrients important to your overall health. In addition to naturally occurring, high-quality protein, milk contains other good-for-you stuff such as B vitamins for energy, vitamin A to help support a healthy immune system, as well as calcium and vitamin D for your bones. Milk just so happens to be the top food source for calcium, potassium and vitamin D, which means milk has three of the four nutrients identified as lacking in many American diets, including those of children. Since more than 90 percent of the U.S. population falls short of the recommended three daily servings of milk, Sunday Supper and Florida Milk joined forces to share our favorite recipes using milk from breakfast to dessert to help ensure you are incorporating milk into your daily diet.
Recipes Using Milk
Milk is such a versatile ingredient, it is easy to incorporate it into every meal. Take a look at some of the Sunday Supper Recipes Using Milk we’ll be sharing on Sunday, June 4th, 2017. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the full list of recipes.
Don’t these Fresh Fruit-Topped Mini Pancakes made with Florida Milk by Girl Abroad look like the perfect little breakfast bite?
I think I could eat Helpful Homemade‘s Vegetarian Croque Monsieur for lunch on a daily basis and be happy as a clam at high tide! Doesn’t this look scrumptious?!
I don’t know about you, but I’d love to give Healing Tomato‘s Potato Stack a try for dinner…
These are just a few of the Sunday Supper Recipes Using Milk our Tastemakers will be sharing on Sunday, so be sure to take a look at the bottom of this page for a complete list, and join us Sunday, June 4th, 2017 at 7pm ET on Twitter for our always fun and engaging Twitter chat sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers.
Florida Dairy Farmers Instagram Contest
Florida Dairy Farmers
Contest runs from June 1st at 12:01am through June 30th at 11:59pm (1 winner each week & 1 grand prize winner)
- Follow @floridamilk on Instagram and use the hashtag #JuneDairyMonth
- Share a photo on Instagram during the month of June showing us what you make with milk for #JuneDairyMonth
- Tag the photo @floridamilk and use the hashtag #JuneDairyMonth
Prizes: Each contest week runs from 12:01am – 11:59pm
- Week 1: June 1st-June 7th prize Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- Week 2: June 8th-June 14th prize $50 Publix Gift Card
- Week 3: June 15th-June 21st prize Vintage Milk Truck Cookie Jar
- Week 4: June 22nd-June 28th prize BBQ Set in Wooden Carrying Case
Grand Prize: All valid entries from June 1st – June 30th considered
- A year supply of milk ($275 value)
- A night for 4 at the Publix Apron Cooking School
- Florida Dairy Farmers gift basket
Winner notification & other rules:
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random each week and contacted via Instagram direct message. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond and claim the prize or another winner will be chosen.
- Winner(s) will also be announced in the Sunday Supper Movement Newsletter in July
- Must be US resident 18 years of age or older
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram
To learn more about Florida Dairy Farmers visit their website and follow them across social media
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Milk
Milk Recipes for Breakfast
- Crustless Spinach Quiche with Cheddar Cheese by Recipes Food & Cooking
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl by Love & Confections
- Easy Baked Grits with Sausage Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Fruit-Topped Mini Pancakes by Girl Abroad
Milk Recipes for Lunch
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup by Life Tastes Good
- Creamy Spinach and Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Savory Caprese Oatmeal Bowl by Go Epicurista
- Vegetarian Croque Monsieur by Helpful Homemade
Milk Recipes for Dinner
- Gouda Grits with Creamy Asparagus and Crab Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Milk Poached Chicken with Pesto by Cricket’s Confections
- Potato Stack by Healing Tomato
- Triple Cheddar Chicken Pasta by Authentically Candace
Milk Recipes for Dessert
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Coconut Flan by Desserts Required
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles by Casa de Crews
- Mini Boston Cream Cakes by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!