This Italian Sausage and Kale Pasta bake is the perfect dinner for two! A creamy, cheesy pasta skillet bake, sized just right for two, loaded with Italian sausage and kale is on the table in just 35 minutes! This delicious dinner for two is simple to make and clean up is a breeze making this recipe one of our favorite Simple Dinner Ideas for Two!
Ok, so not gonna lie. I am a little bit obsessed about pasta. Ok a lot. But seriously, if I had to pick one meal I’d eat forever, I think pasta would be it. I’ve always dreamed of going to Italy to learn how to make pasta from a pro. Sigh, maybe one day.
But even though I haven’t gone to Italy to learn from the pros, I’ve become pretty good over the past years creating drool worthy, easy pasta dishes. In fact, I’d almost say that pasta was my forte in the kitchen!
I love making pasta dishes for all occasions. Whether it be the ‘I can’t be bothered cooking‘ meal, date night, or if I’m having friends around for dinner (I made a to die for lamb ragu!), pasta is always one of my favorite recipes to cook!
This Italian sausage and kale pasta back is no exception!
Italian Sausage and Kale Pasta Bake
This sausage and kale pasta bake is so perfect for a quick, and easy weeknight dinner for two. My husband and I absolutely love cooking this recipe because it is just so delicious and easy! And it’s made in a skillet, so minimal washing up! Even better.
This Italian sausage and kale pasta bake is bursting with flavor and packed full of the green good stuff to add a little healthier element to it! But I’m not going to lie, didn’t skimp out on the cheese, because life is about balance (and did you see that cheesy shot?!).
It is also the perfect serving for two, meaning minimal wastage. It always so easy to overdose on the pasta when you’re trying to cook for two, I’ve made that way easier for you!
This Italian sausage and kale pasta bake is so easy, there isn’t actually any recipe notes to give you! Instead…
Here are some more recipes to try like this Italian sausage and kale pasta bake
- Chicken glorioso pasta bake – dreamy!
- Cheesy Orzo pasta bake – that cheese though.
- Chicken pesto pasta with sun dried tomato – another easy weeknight meal.
- Spinach baked ziti – a great make ahead freezer meal!
- Mushroom Spinach Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Sausage and Kale Pasta Dinner for Two
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 lbs ground Italian sausage
- 4.5 oz diced tomatoes canned
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 cup basil finely chopped
- 1 cup kale leaves removed from stem
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 basil leaves roughly torn for garnish
- 1 cup penne
- Cook penne according to packet instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat olive oil in an oven proof skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, saute 4 - 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the ground sausage, and fry until lightly browned. Use your spoon to gently crush up the ground sausage into smaller chunks.
- Add tomatoes, red pepper flakes if using, 1/4 cup of chopped basil, kale, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and gently simmer 10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Strain penne and add to skillet. Stir through.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt and brown slightly.
- Serve with roughly chopped basil.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Get free recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
Thank you for joining the Sunday Supper family!
Something went wrong.