When it comes to selecting the right roast for a special meal, some help might be in order. Certified Angus Beef® brand comes to the rescue by taking some of the mystery out of the process.
Today is a special occasion for 20 Sunday Supper tastemakers who have been in Wooster, Ohio. this weekend at the culinary center for Certified Angus Beef® brand. The event has included roast-cooking classes and seminars taught by Certified Angus Beef® brand chefs. Hopefully, you have already been following along on social media. Tonight, our weekly 7 p.m. ET Twitter chat will be led by the group in Ohio. Our first on-location chat!
Everyone participating in the live chat will have a chance to win a Le Creuset roasting pan set and a 6-pound boneless prime rib roast in a special Sunday Supper event. For details on the giveaway and how to enter, go to Sunday Supper Movement.
While you’re waiting for tonight’s virtual party, follow the hashtags #SundaySupper and #RoastPerfect on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Periscope throughout the day and continuing through tonight.
Now, back to picking out that roast. Here are five tips from Certified Angus Beef® brand to ensure that you are getting the best quality you can:
Color. Bright, cherry red is the gold standard. (Different cuts and packaging may affect what you see.)
Marbling. The little white flecks within the red deliver flavor, tenderness and juiciness. The more marbling, the better.
Fat. Look for a thin layer (1/8- to ¼-inch) on a roast’s exterior. This helps it develop a perfect crust.
Consistent shape. Beef cuts naturally vary, but an even size from end to end ensures even cooking. Irregularly shaped cuts should be tied.
Expert advice. Your butchers can cut and tie a roast to your specifications. Ask for their help!
Need to know more about specific cuts of beef? Certified Angus Beef® brand has developed #RoastPerfect, a handy app that serves as a guide for selecting cuts, roasting and serving. Want even more recipes and inspiration? Find them at Certified Angus Beef® brand Roast Perfect Pinterest Board.
We hope you’ll join us live today on social media as we get schooled in the ways of perfect roasting, and then take part in our 7 p.m. ET chat from Ohio. Until then, here are today’s recipes just waiting for you to start your shopping list:
- Apple Cider Dijon Marinated Tip Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Pot Roast by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef Roast and Cabbage by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Boliche (Cuban Stuffed Roast) by Magnolia Days
- Boneless Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic and Herbs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sirloin Roast with Red Wine Onion Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coffee Rubbed Roast Beef by Eat Picks
- Fennel and Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin by Casa de Crews
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Ribeye Roast with Red Wine Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Herb & Garlic Crusted Roast by The Melrose Family
- Garlic Roast Beef by Life Tastes Good
- Herbed Rotisserie Rib Roast with Portobello Mushroom Gravy by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Holiday Ribeye Roast by Family Foodie
- Miso Glazed Standing Rib Roast au Jus by kimchi MOM
- Mustard Crusted Roast Beef by Curious Cuisiniere
- Peppercorn Crusted Standing Rib Roast with Red Wine Au Jus by Food Done Light
- Petite Sirloin Roast Chasseur (Hunter’s Style) by Palatable Pastime
- Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed Prime Rib by I’m Not the Nanny
- Ribeye Roast with Harissa by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herb Crust and Horseradish Cream by Midlife Road Trip
Plus Tips for Selecting the Perfect Roast by Sunday Supper Movement
More on Certified Angus Beef® brand: Follow them on social media to keep up the latest news and happenings. Here are quick links toCertified Angus Beef® brand’s social media profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Periscope and YouTube. Use this store locator to find places near you to buy Certified Angus Beef® brand.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Certified Angus Beef® brand via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Certified Angus Beef® brand.