This recipe for Sparkling Strawberry Sangria is a much lighter version than the traditional Portuguese sangria. It’s perfect for a fun afternoon and it pairs nicely with anything chocolate. Mix up a batch for mom this Mother’s Day!
This recipe is published courtesy of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. You can find more of their delicious strawberry recipes on their website.
Ready to stir up a pitcher of sparkling strawberry sangria?
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 6 Florida Strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 mint leaves chocolate mint leaves if you can find them , chopped fine
- 1 small bottle 375 ml of sparkling red wine or champagne (I used Rosa Regale and it was fantastic)
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 lime sliced thin
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Additional Florida Strawberries for garnish
- Combine the sliced Florida Strawberries, sugar and 4 chopped mint leaves in a pitcher.
- Gently stir and let sit in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Add the sparkling wine, ginger ale, vodka and 4 slices of lime.
- Using a wooden spoon still until well blended.
- Chill or add ice and serve cold.
- Garnish with additional Florida Strawberries, mint or lime slices.