Our Spinach Pomegranate Salad is the perfect addition to lighten up your holiday table. With bright festive colors and just a few ingredients, this easy holiday salad recipe is light, fresh and adaptable. It is one of our favorite Holiday Salad Recipes!
Let’s face it, many traditional holiday dishes are heavy and filling. Don’t get me wrong, I love turkey with all the trimmings, but it’s definitely not an everyday food. I know there are many households that either take a nap or go for a walk after their holiday meal to recover (or both!).
However, you can try to lighten things up a little by adding in healthier and less heavy dishes to your meal. This Spinach Pomegranate Salad is perfect for that. It’s super easy to make, so you’re not using lots of precious time, and it fits in so well with all the other flavors.
Spinach Pomegranate Salad Recipe Tips
This salad is a simple mix of spinach, shaved fennel, and pomegranate. All are great, seasonal ingredients that go well together flavor-wise and have festive colors to dress up your holiday table. The light orange dressing shakes up in a second and brings all the flavors together. It’s so fresh and tasty, I’m already plotting what else to add it to!
You can adapt this basic salad recipe if you’d like more in there. For example, try adding:
- Florida strawberries (Florida strawberries are available in grocery stores from December to April. Be sure to check with your local grocer and ask them to carry Florida strawberries if they don’t have them)
- Candied pecans
- Crunchy pepitas.
Despite just a few ingredients, this Spinach Pomegranate Salad has so much going for it. It’s got crunch, a little sweetness, and bites of pomegranate popping on your tongue. It’s light, fresh and adaptable – in other words everything you need in a great holiday salad recipe.
Spinach Pomegranate Salad
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shaved fennel approx 1 small bulb
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Toss the spinach leaves and shaved fennel together then add the pomegranate on top.
- Put all of the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake to mix then pour over the salad and serve.
Holiday Salad Recipes
Looking for more holiday salad recipes? Try some of our favorites: