Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Starbucks Pumpkin Bread recipe is ready to bake with just 10 minutes of easy prep work. It’s even more moist and flavorful than the pumpkin loaf from Starbucks you know and love! So simple, even a total beginner can make it in 5 steps.
Incredibly Moist Pumpkin Bread
Oh, this moist pumpkin bread… my family and I are obsessed with it, and so is everyone I share it with! It’s so easy to make that even someone who never bakes can make it with no fuss.
This recipe is similar to Ina Garten’s pumpkin bread. It’s a quick bread recipe that’s perfect for a snack, dessert, or even breakfast and brunch. Made with warm pumpkin spice and toasted pepitas, this bread is just like the pumpkin bread recipe Starbucks serves, but even a bit moister.
You must first cool it at room temperature, then wrap it in plastic wrap. Cover the plastic wrap with foil and add to a plastic bag with the air pushed out. This will help keep the bread moist to enjoy for a week when refrigerated.
You do not need to refrigerate it, but it will last longer if you do. Store your freshly baked Starbucks pumpkin loaf at room temperature or in the refrigerator, covered with foil or plastic wrap, and placed in a plastic bag so it doesn’t dry out.
It will last for 2 days at room temperature or up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can freeze it! If you’re making pumpkin bread for gifting or know you’re going to want more later (and trust me, you will), you can make batches ahead of time and freeze them. I always make double batches and freeze one for later!
After baking, allow pumpkin bread to cool completely.
Wrap the whole loaf in foil and slide it into a plastic bag. Push out the air. You can also slice it after cooling, and wrap each individual slice with plastic wrap.
Label with the freezing date and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To thaw, remove from the freezer and allow it to sit, wrapped, at room temperature overnight. Individual slices of frozen pumpkin bread can be warmed up in the microwave for 15 seconds.
When you need a teacher’s gift, to cheer up a friend, or surprise a neighbor with something yummy… you have fresh pumpkin bread on hand!
Mini Pumpkin Loaves
Make three mini pumpkin loaves by using 5.75×3″ mini pans. Baking time for mini loaf pans is approximately 30-35 minutes.
A mini pumpkin loaf is the perfect homemade holiday gift! You can make them ahead of time and freeze them. Defrost and wrap them in a bow.
- Sunflower seeds can be substituted for pepitas in this recipe.
- Candied pecans are also a delicious topping for this bread.
- You can make your own pumpkin pie spice or buy it readily available from the store.
- Add chocolate chips to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread or even Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
- Use 100% canned pumpkin and only 1 cup of it, not the whole can.
- Look in the bulk section of your local grocery store for pumpkin seeds. This way, you can buy the exact amount you need.
- This recipe is a quick bread, meaning, you mix your wet and dry ingredients separately and then mix them together. You don’t want to mix a quick bread too much, just long enough to get the lumps out.
- Test the bread by poking the center with a toothpick to see if it’s done baking. If it is, the toothpick will come out clean.
Food Gift Ideas
Pumpkin loaf is the perfect Christmas homemade food gift to surprise friends with. Our made-from-scratch bread is one of the best holiday food gift ideas ever!
Wrap it up with a bow in a mini loaf pan and gift it out to friends, coworkers, neighbors, and family. Everyone loves Starbucks bread recipes!
Just be prepared to get asked for the recipe! 😉
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Since pandemic hit I haven’t been to Starbucks for my pumpkin bread fix. I tried this recipe for the first time for Thanksgiving and we loved it! Instructions were simple and ingredients are all very easy to find. Most importantly, it was SO GOOD!Karin
Easy, quick and tasty! It’s a more mild bread, not as sweet as pumpkin cookies or cupcakes. It’s perfect!Erica
Didn’t find pumpkin seed so substituted with sunflower seeds. Would definitely recommend this recipe.Sarah
This pumpkin bread recipe is amazing! The pumpkin and spice is not overwhelming, it is nice and fluffy on the inside, and has a lovely texture. It didn’t need it at all, but I sprinkled a little bit of sugar over the top of the batter, before putting it into the oven, for a bit of crunch. I will definitely be making this again. 🤗Brandi
See the pin everyone is talking about!
Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil or canola
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour an 8×4-inch loaf pan (9×5 works too).In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice & salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together the oil, sugars, vanilla extract & eggs until smooth. Then mix i¼n the canned pumpkin.
- With the mixer on low, mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes (or about 45-55 minutes for a 9×5 inch loaf pan). When it’s done baking the top should feel slightly firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Make sure to use 100% canned pumpkin puree.
- Use only 1 cup of pumpkin puree, not a full can.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, & ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- You don’t want to mix a quick bread too much, you want to mix it just long enough to get the lumps out.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. This loaf freezes well. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- I baked mine in a 8×4 inch loaf pan, or you can use a 9×5 inch loaf pan . Baking times will vary between ovens – but it’ll bake for about 50-60 minutes in an 8×4 inch pan, or about 45-55 minutes in a large loaf pan. When it’s done, it should feel firm to the touch at the top and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- You can also make three mini pumpkin loaves by using 5.75×3″ mini pans. Baking time for mini loaf pans is approximately 30-35 minutes