Ah Valentines Day… It’s not just a romantic holiday for me, though it doesn’t hurt to be spoiled with chocolates, my favorite wine and flowers. I also like it because one of my favorite colors is RED. I love RED anything!
When I made these little snacks for my daughter, I thought hey would be the perfect thing to share with everyone for Valentine’s Day, because they have just the perfect amount of red in them. Not too much, not too little. When I make them again, I think I’ll add some frosting on top! My daughter LOVES being in the kitchen now, so I can only imagine how this one is going to end up because, well, I’d never made Rice Krispy Treats before – and lets just call it a sticky mess! Hey, maybe we’ll have fun with it, but for now let me share them with you so it can be a sticky mess in your kitchen.
- ½ stick (2 ounces/4 tablespoons) salted butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 (10 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce package of dried strawberries (or more, if you wish)
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on low heat until melted. Stir in marshmallows and salt and stir until melted.
- Meanwhile spray muffin tins with non stick spray and place a few dried strawberries in the bottom of each tin.
- Once marshmallows are melted add in the crispy rice cereal and stir to combine. Quickly scoop a handful of treats into each muffin tin on top of the dried strawberries and gently push down. Be prepared to get messy, it's a messy job. Feel free to add any dried strawberries to the tops of each muffin tin as well, I did a little of both but found it easier to have them on the bottom because it can get messy.
- Let sit for 15 minutes and pop them out. Eat. Love. Enjoy!
What is your favorite “RED” snack to make for a Valentine’s Day treat??