If you are looking for a quick and tasty Weekday Supper that will get your family to eat their veggies, this Stuffed Orzo Salad could be just the miracle recipe you need! This recipe was first published in full on the blog Meal Diva. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
This stuffed orzo salad is packed full of fresh ingredients and tossed with a light lemon and garlic dressing. It’s perfect for a potluck or a light weekday supper.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo rice shaped pasta
- 6 small peppers a variety of colors, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1- pint cherry tomatoes cut in ½
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tbs. dried cilantro
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Optional: ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and butter or olive oil.
Drain and rinse with cold water and put aside.
Combine lemon juice, cilantro, olive oil, salt and crushed garlic in a small bowl and whisk to combine. This
In another bowl, add the pasta and vegetables and toss gently to combine then add the dressing and toss some more.
Add salt and pepper to taste if desired and feta cheese if using.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.