The #SundaySupper Tastemakers have been busy in the kitchen cooking up Summertime Recipes that remind us of the carefree summer days of our childhood. From carnivals and county fairs to backyard BBQ’s and picnics on the beach, summertime is when some of our fondest childhood memories were created. As we roll into the lazy days of summer on June 21st, we hope to inspire you to gather the family around the dinner table to enjoy our favorite Summertime Recipes while reminiscing over times gone by and creating new memories to cherish.
Children love to hear stories of the past, especially if they can relate it to something in the present. My husband and I grew up in the same town and over the years we watched it grow from a population of about 10,000 people with dirt roads and few stores to over 100,000 strong with highway exits, stores galore, and even big chain restaurants too!
Although, we didn’t meet until we were adults, my husband and I had similar stories of growing up in our town. We would often share stories with our daughter how we could ride our bikes right down the middle of the busiest road in town when it was just a dirt path, or how we used to visit the cows where the mall sits today. We’d go on to tell her, in the summertime, our days were spent outside with our friends from sunup to sundown. The ice cream truck would venture into the neighborhood everyday at the same time bringing the ever popular Bomb Pops and Screwballs with the gumball at the bottom. I’m dating myself now, but I digress, our time reminiscing around the dinner table with our daughter created wonderful memories that always put a smile on my face.
Keep up with all the latest news at Sunday Supper
by signing up for our weekly newsletter.
Join us around the #SundaySupper dinner table for our always fun, lively, and informative weekly Twitter chat this Sunday at 7pm ET as we serve up childhood memories. Our nostalgic Summertime Recipes such as Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker, Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy Busy and Hungry, and even a Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake are sure to conjure up fun memories you can share with your children. With 40+ Summertime Recipes developed by our #SundaySupper Tastemakers, you are guaranteed to find lots of inspiration. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag so you don’t miss a tweet!
Which nostalgic summertime recipes bring back your best memories? Our Sunday Supper tastemakers will be sharing theirs. We’d love to hear about your favorites!
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade by Beauty and the Beets
- Natural Pink Pineapple Lemonade by Food Lust People Love
- Rhubarb Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled BLT Kebabs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Strawberry Fruit Dip by Books n’ Cooks
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders by Crazed Mom
- How to Cook Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Wiener Schnitzel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Beans by Magnolia Days
- Creamy Ranch Potato Salad by Dash of Evans
- Grilled Zucchini Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Seven-Layer Salad with Bacon and Peas by The Hungry Goddess
- Southern Fried Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Spätzlesalat (German Spaetzle Pasta Salad) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Summer’s Best Tomato Cucumber Salad by Delaware Girl Eats
- Ambrosia Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Bavarian Almonds by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cobbler by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Buttermilk Pound Cake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- DIY Drumsticks by A Mind Full Mom
- Double Corn Buttermilk Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Frosted Grapes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free S’mores Magic Bars by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Banana Pudding by Cooking with Carlee
- Homemade Drumsticks by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Melon Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
- Lemon Coconut Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Poke Cake by Our Good Life
- Maple Sugar Candy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Rhubarb Cake by Monica’s Table
- Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Pudding Pops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sherbet Float by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Jello Pie by Tramplingrose
- Tita’s Fruit Dessert by Basic N Delicious
- Toasted Coconut Puppy Chow by Helpful Homemade
- Watergate Salad by Flavor Mosaic
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement